5.

Amora

I adjusted the straps on my shoulder, as I walked down the hall towards the lockers.

"Amora! Oh my god there you are, I've been looking around forever!" Carrie breathed out, immediately rushing towards me.

"Sorry doll" I sighed, fluffing my hair out briefly into the mirror before going through my books.

"What's happened?" I asked, looking back to see an excited smile on her face.

"You're not gonna believe it! Yeah-yeah asked me to go the sandlot today!" She shrieked, smiling joyfully.

"Oh my. Congrats?" I cracked a unsure smile, not sure if it was good or bad news.

"Listen. I know you don't like 'em but" she trailed off, making me raise an eyebrow suspiciously.

"If you could please! Please! Come with me?" She asked, giving me nervous smile.

"Carrie! No way!" I exclaimed, shaking my head immediately.
"I'd rather throw myself into a whole field of cactuses! Or better yet die!" I shrieked, motioning my hands around crazily.

"Oh please! I'll need your help, I got no idea what to say to him!" She pleaded, with a sad pout.
"And plus, you're my best friend! Please help me?" She frowned, giving me pouty face.

I crossed my arms, letting out a defeated sigh.
"Fine, you're very lucky that I love you" I groaned, pointing my finger at her as she immediately smiled widely.

——

"Ugh! This is gonna be the absolute worst!" I whined, as I followed behind Carrie.

I continued to walk kicking at a few rocks before feeling her hold her hand out to stop me.

"There he is" she breathed out, with a lace of panic in her voice.
"What do I say?" She whispered, looking to me for advice.

"I don't know. Maybe hi?" I furrowed my eyebrows, shrugging sarcastically.

She hesitantly nodded before letting us continue, walking right onto field immediately seeing the group playing.

"Hold on, doll let me just" I turned her head towards me as I fluffed up her hair and swatched a light gloss over her lips.

"Geez I'm nervous" she whispered, holding onto her stomach.
"Hold the brakes!" I now held out my hand, stopping us in our tracks.

"Why is she here!" I whispered, motioning over to see Aubrey who was playing with them.

"Ugh! I know, yeah-yeah said that her and Benny started talking and became friends. I guess he invited her to play with them?" She explained, with a shrug.

"Oh of course those two boneheads would be friends" I rolled my eyes, as we slowly began to approach them.

"Oh hey guys!" Yeah-yeah called out with a wave, making them all look towards us.

"Oh no, what are the pretty miss princesses doing here!" Kenny asked, crossing his arms.
"Yeah! I thought you two prissys would be out getting your nails done or something!" Hams added, with a teasingly tone.

"Shut up idiots!" Yeah-yeah groaned, smacking the back of hams head.

"Just saying, this one is gonna ruin our whole game!" Hams continued, pointing towards me making me scoff.

"Quite it moron!" Benny rolled his eyes, smacking him a with a glove.

"Uh, I'm guessing you guys don't want to play?" Benny asked, looking between Carrie and I.

Carrie and I looked at each other, before bursting into a laughter.

"Yeah, no" Carrie answered with a laugh, shaking her head.
"Oh alright, uh you guys can go sit over there. We won't play long" he offered, pointing over towards a dugout in the distance before jogging off with the rest of them.

Carrie smiled and waved at Yeah-yeah who sheepishly waved back, before running off.

"Carrie, this is way boring! I don't want to sit here for the rest of the afternoon!" I groaned, once we sat down on a bench.

"Well you don't want to play right? Then sit" she ordered, making me huff and lean back.

I watched them all play which was surprisingly quite interesting, considering they would argue for the littlest things.

I watched as the ball suddenly flew over hitting a small blonde haired boy, sending him back onto the ground.

"Ooo" Carrie and I breathed out, cringing at the hard fall.

Immediately the boys all erupted into laughter at the boys failed attempt to catch the ball.

"I'll-I'll get it!" The boy called out, giving them a thumbs up.

We all watched as he walked over to retrieve the ball, before jumping back quickly away from the fence.

"We are waiting!" Squints shouted, crossing his arms in annoyance.

The boy looked at the ball in his hand, before awkwardly getting into an unsure position and failing to throw the ball back.

The boys all laughed again, beginning to make fun of the boy causing him to run out.

"Awe, I actually feel bad for once he looks like a complete clueless puppy" I frowned, watching as the boy ran past the gate.

"Yeah me too" Carrie pouted, shaking her head sadly.

Benny shook his head with a sigh before telling them all to shut up, causing them to get back into the game.

I crossed my arms as I looked back to where the boy once stood, before letting out a small huff.