34.

Amora

"Oh it was so fantastic! His family is way nice and funny and super welcoming" I rambled happily, rummaging through my locker.

"Awe, that's so cute!" Carrie awed, clapping her hands in excitement.

"Didn't we tell you to not worry? Who's right again?" She continued, perking up an eyebrow as she placed her arm over my shoulder.

"Me. Always" I smiled sarcastically, making her roll her eyes.

"So, William. Has your brother done anything incredibly stupid so far?" I sighed, turning my gaze over towards him.

"No, thank god. I know that this won't last though, he'll find something too get mad at me about" He sighed, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"I would so kick his teeth in for you, he sounds like such a jerk?" I shook my head, before closing my locker.

We all walked down the hallway when Carrie held her hand out stopping us abruptly.

"Guys. Look! It's a new girl" She huddled us together, pointing out in front of us.

We all turned our heads over to see a small girl who clutched her books to her chest, a fearful look across her face, as she glanced around in confusion.

"Oh my. Poor thing, shes so adorably clueless?" I frowned, looking at the girl with pity.

"Guys my mission is clear. She's screaming for a makeover?" I shook my head looking to the both of them for their response.

Once they both nodded we all walked over immediately making her freeze once we approached.

"Hi girl! What's your name?" Carrie asked, walking next to her.

"Oh uh- my names Madeline" she replied softly, frequently glancing between all of us.

"Way cute name. Are you new here?" I asked, now standing on the other side of her.

"Oh yeah, I moved from New Jersey" she nodded, giving us a small smile before glancing down.

"What do you say you hang out with us? We can give you a makeover if you like?" Carrie chimed in.

"Oh I don't know about a makeover... that'd be crazy" she shook her head, letting out a small laugh at the idea.

"Oh cmon let us! Amora's main thrill in life is a makeover, it gives her a sense of control in a world full of chaos" Carrie insisted, nodding her head to assure her.

"Mhm! I promise you'll love it. We won't do anything too crazy" I nodded, giving her a kind smile.

She tugged her lip between her teeth glancing between us, looking like she was thinking to herself.

"Sure, why not. You guys seem really nice" she decided finally, flashing us a smile.

——

"No no! Madeleine, this is how it goes" I laughed, turning her around and fixing the buttons on her shirt.

"Ugh, you look so good I am totally compelling" Carrie smiled, turning her around and handing her a mirror.

"Wow, I look so different?" Madeline gasped, looking into the mirror with awe.

"I know right? It's like this top was made for you!" I smiled, smoothing out the sleeve of her top.

"Thank you guys, you guys are really kind to me. It's my first day and I already made friends?" She laughed lightly, giving us all a smile.

"How do you guys have this stuff in your lockers though?" She questioned, motioning down to the new clothes.

"Don't question it. It's weird, they just pull it out of nowhere!" William shook his head, laughing softly.

"Hey? Like I always say. A girls should always and needs to be prepared. Who knows what things will come in handy someday?" I rolled my eyes, continuing to swipe the lipstick onto her lips.

"Yeah, you really need that tiny hammer object looking thing and waffle maker you have stuffed in your locker?" William questioned, perking up an eyebrow.

"I don't know Will, maybe?" I shrugged.

"You know what, that waffle maker once saved us from total starvation when the lunch lady decided to change the meat in the hamburgers for a week!" I defended, moving in closer to precisely outline the shape of Madelines lips.

"Oh yeah..I remember that. Oh that thing totally messed up my bowel movement" Carrie sighed, shaking her head at the memory.

"Alright, we're done! You look so amazing, but we must go now before I get hassled for being late again. Mr. Hall is super grumpy in the mornings" I sighed, beginning to stuff everything back into my bag.

I stuffed my things back into my locker before we all took off down the hall.

"Look, that dork's my boyfriend. His names yeah-yeah, isn't he cute?" Carrie smiled, tapping her arm before pointing out.

"Awe he is, which ones yours?" She questioned, looking over towards me.

"Oh it's that baseball nerd over there" I joked, smiling as I pointed towards the direction of Benny.

"Woah. He looks like some model or something?" She coughed, widening her eyes once she caught sight of him.

"I know, I always say that! But, he's way too nice to actually admit it" I laughed, rolling my eyes as I waved my hand.

"Wow.. you know I've never dated anybody? Ever" she sighed, shaking her head sadly.

"Oh that's not a bad thing at all! High school boys are like complete nervous creatures, they're like dogs that jump and slobber all over you" I scrunched my face up in disgust, shaking my head.

"Luckily, Carrie and I chose the absolute right ones. Although they still act like total 5 year olds" I shook my head with Carrie who nodded in agreement.

"But, if you do make the decision to date a high school boy I strongly recommend you to look to that group of those wacko baseball boys" I started, pointing back towards the boys.

"Or. The group over there with the most popular boys in the school. They're surprisingly sweet for football jocks?" I informed, titling my head as I thought.

"Woah. This is school is way different than the one back in jersey. Gosh guys I've never had straight friends before" she laughed, looking up at us.

Carrie and I looked to each other, knitting our eyebrows before titling our heads in confusion.

Cracking unsure smiles we slowly looked back towards her, breathing out light laughs.