6.

Amora

I walked into the classroom giving Carrie a kind smile, before sitting down in my usual seat.

As I waited for class to start I had played around with a piece of my hair in the mean time, when soon in walked Benny and Aubrey making me roll my eyes from their presence.

Aubrey shot me an annoyed glare before walking past me, of course making sure to bump my shoulder before sitting down behind me.

I shook my head trying my hardest to not burst out into a rage, when luckily Mrs. Stacy walked into the classroom.

"Morning!" She called out to us, walking over setting down her things onto her desk.

Everyone replied with small "mornings" and greetings, making her smile.

"Alright, new unit. Project time remember?" She reminded, crossing her arms when stood in front of the room.

Everyone nodded, making her continue.
"Good. So this for this one you guys are gonna be-

I cut her voice off as I looked away and rested my head onto my hand, letting myself zone out.

What color should I do my nails next?

"And, I'm picking your partners this time!" Her voice soon fell back into my mind, as she pointed her finger towards her chest.

Everyone immediately groaned and bursted out into protest at her choice

"No no! You guys act like wild animals when I let you pick on your own. And this is a more bigger project, you may have to work outside of school if you must" she added, walking around and placing down papers onto each desks.

She walked back towards the front as she adjusted her glasses before holding up a board and began to read off names.

I let out a tiny whine as I pouted, not getting to work with Carrie? What a total bust!

I began to tune her voice out again when I stared at the clock up above the wall, letting myself study it when my name was suddenly called.

"Amora, you listening?" Mrs. Stacy called, looking straight at me as she searched my response.

"Oh. Yeah, yeah uh.. what did you say again?" I cleared my throat, shifting my gaze from the clock to now her.

"I said, you're gonna be working with Benny. Is that alright?" She lowered her glasses, before motioning the board in her hand towards benny.

"Oh, yes that's totally fine- wait" Immediately my head whipped back towards her, as my mind finally processed her words.

"With who now!" I exclaimed widening my eyes, in horror.

"Mrs. Stacy please! I can't work with that thing!" I shrieked pointing towards benny, who rolled his eyes at my words.

"Amora, dear. It'll just be for a bit, besides it'll work out just fine. You guys live a few blocks away from each other right?" She suggested, looking between him and I.

"But you've never partnered him with me! You got no idea what I'm going to have to put up with!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands to my hair.