43.

Amora

"I swear to god! What does this even mean?" I mumbled, staring down at the paper in front of me.

I was sat at the kitchen of the Rodriguez's house, studying harshly for my upcoming test.
I have too get good grades this semester. Pops will certainly kill me if I get another c.

I looked up from my papers seeing Pablo walk into the kitchen, carrying a cup as he let out a few coughs.

"Oh would you like me too get you some tea? That cough does not sound good, I know this way good recipe I make it for my dad all the time" I quickly sat up, walking over towards him.

"No no dear I'm ok. But please for the last time! Call me Pablo it's fine, really" He laughed, shaking his head at me as he set his cup into the sink.

"Oh alright, if you want some just tell me ok?" I sighed, sitting back down.

"Of course, I will" he called out, beginning to exit the kitchen.

I was now left with silence as I continued to flip through the book, groaning in frustration once I realized I had lost my place.

"How many times have I came down here too see you over without telling me?" Benny walked in, smiling down at me.

"Sorry. My house was a way distracting place right now. Pops is constantly yelling at people on the phone" I sighed, tiredly resting my head into my hand as I picked up my pencil.

"It's ok. I like having you here" he laughed, pecking the top of my head.

I smiled as I continued to glance back and forth between the book and my paper, writing down notes.

"What are you doing?" He questioned, leaning over the table to look at my paper.

"Studying. Dad will certainly ground me if I show up with my report card being c's again" I explained, sighing sadly.

"You? Studying? That's hard to believe" he rose his eyebrows in shock, making me scoff and shake my head.

Soon Natalia and Luis walked downstairs, with Natalia laughing once she held her foot out to trip him.

I whipped my head back to see Luis stumble down the steps, gripping onto the railing before quickly stepping down onto the floor.

"Jesus christ what the hell!" Luis shouted, angrily throwing his hands up.

"Oops?" Natalia laughed, shrugging her shoulders as she stepped down the stairs.

"Oh hey girl. You still studying?" Natalia asked once she was in the kitchen, looking over my shoulder.

"Yeah, my teach is being such a bust!" I sighed, turning over the page with a frown.

"Oh, I wanted to ask if you wanted to go shopping but-

"Yes!" I cut her off, immediately shooting my head up. I sat up, quickly closing my book and stuffed my papers back into my bag.

"Hey? I thought you were studying!" Benny questioned, watching my franticness as I scrambled my papers around.

"Yeah whatever. That can wait! This is way important!" I waved my hand, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"Well, If we're going out. I got to get ready" Luis groaned, pushing himself up from the table.

"Uh what? Who said you were coming" Natalia rose an eyebrow, crossing her arms.