35.

Amora

Of course it was now around the time of back to school and the new school year, meaning one very thing.

My birthday.

Oh what a love and hate relationship I have with my birthday.

I love it because duh it's my birthday! But I also hate it because well, it's the day my mother tragically, and ironically passed.

Just couldn't wait one more day huh?

I huffed to myself as I walked over towards my locker, beginning to take out a few notebooks when suddenly getting pairs of arms wrapped around me.

"Hey! You scared me!" I exclaimed, looking over to see Carrie and William who both hugged me.

"It's your birthday! You're 15!" Carrie exclaimed happily, pulling me into a hug.

"You old woman!" William joked, pulling me into an individual hug after her.

"Oh gosh stop it! That's my worst fear, wrinkles? Oh god no" I cried out, covering my eyes.

"By the way, we're all taking you out tonight!" Carrie informed, clapping her hands with an excited smile.

"Who's were?" I questioned, perking up a confused eyebrow as I took out a book from the locker.

"Us and the boys, silly!" She laughed nudging my shoulder.

——

"Guys! Oh my god you've been messing with my makeup forever now. We've already left the house!" I put my hand out to stop Carrie with her brush.

"Sorry sorry, oh my sweet girl is growing up" she frowned, wiping her fake tear away

"Carrie, you're literally two months older than me?" I questioned, shaking my head as I rubbed her back softly.

I was cut off when I was completely pulled away and tackled into hugs, making me pause and freeze from the suddenness.

Slowly I sighed and smiled releasing the tension as I looked around to see none other than the sandlot boys hugging me.

"Ok! You're going to burst my organs!" I shouted, softly pushing them away and wiggling myself out of there tight grips.

"Move-move!" Benny pushed them away, as he made his way through the group.

I smiled as he tackled me into a hug making me stumble back, yet luckily catching myself.
Thanks to Rose for teaching me some skills on these pumps.

"I'm sorry I couldn't see you earlier. I swear I tried to but-

"It's fine Benny" I cut him off, laughing as he continued to squeeze me tightly.

"Here! Open my present!" The boys all bursted, holding up the different gifts in their hands.

I pulled away smiling at them before they stuffed the boxes and bags into my hands, eager for me too hurry up and open them.

I smiled and shook my head at them, seeing they were all stood staring at me intently as I began to open one.

I had received many candy and chocolate and other snacks, cute hair clips and ties. A few bouquets of flowers. Some even attempted to buy me makeup which made my heart melt.