24.

Amora

"Carrie, it's already getting dark what the hell are we doing?" I questioned, flailing my hands around as I spoke.

"I don't know alright! Yeah-yeah wanted me to come, meaning so are you!" She poked my arm, before crossing her arms.

I rolled my eyes looking straight ahead, seeing the group walking in front of us as we both trailed behind.

I looked down kicking a few rocks here and there from complete and utter boredom, suddenly bumping into someone's back.

"What the? Benny!" I groaned, backing away and wiping off my top.

They all stopped abruptly making me look around them with confusion. I reached up peering over his shoulder, widening my eyes once I seen a big scary looking dog sat in front us.

"You guys are scared of a dog!" Carrie laughed, throwing her head back as she let out a hysteric laugh.

"That thing is probably one of the beasts babies!" Squints shrieked, pointing at it with horror.

"No it's not! It's just a dog!" Carrie rolled her eyes, before stepping forward.

"No! What are you doing!" Yeah-yeah exclaimed, grabbing onto her arm to stop her.

"Relax, I'm showing you morons that it's nothing to be scared of!" She laughed, pulling her arm away from him.

I went to grab her before quickly shaking my head and hiding back behind everyone, as she began to approach the dog.

"Hi buddy! You got an owner or something?" She titled her head, reaching out to pet it.

The dog suddenly let out a bark with a low growl, making all of us jump in our spots.

"Or never mind maybe!" Carrie widened her eyes, immediately scurrying back towards us.

I stood behind staring at the dog, as it looked like it wanted to completely just maul us all.

"Oh shit. What do we do?" Carrie shrieked, stepping closer towards me.

"Yeah..this better not be the place I die!" Kenny stammered, nervously stepping back.

"I got it, squints go" I pushed him forward, making him immediately jump back.

"Excuse me! Are you crazy?" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up crazily with a scoff.

"Well...god no. I mean that thing could only get one of us before we get away. So... it's clear what we need to do here" I explained, crossing my arms as I looked back to dog.

"Sacrifice, I'm sorry but somebody's got to do it" I continued, shaking my head as I scanned the each of them.

Immediately they all erupted into protests, completely scolding me for my idea.

"Are you insane! Why don't you go?" Squints shrieked, snatching my arm.

"Oh no no.. no can do. I'm wearing these shoes four eyes! I'm not dying and taking them with me, these babies should be preserved!" I exclaimed, motioning down to my heels.

"What! Are you-

"Ok ok! Just step back, slowly alright?" Benny ordered immediately cutting him off, making us quickly nod.

I let out a nervous breathe as we began to step back, before the dog suddenly let out a few more loud and deep barks.

"That's it! I'm out of here!" Squints shrieked, immediately pushing past us and running away.