Wolves🐺

Y/n POV
"The glade?" I repeat the words back to him, my eyes still in awe while I looked around the place.

"Our home" alby says, I turn back to him with a smile on my face, this place looked amazing.. I couldn't believe it.

"You must be hungry?" Newt asks me, laughing at how excited I looked while seeing his home. I hadn't even thought about food till now.. but I'm absolutely starving.

I nod my head In response, "I'll take her to the kitchen alby" newt offers, showing me the way.

I pick up my feet and jog a little to catch up with him, only then do I notice he has a limp..? Was he hurt?, I thought it would be best not too ask right now, he doesn't even know me.. I can't be asking questions straight off the bat.

"The homestead" newt waves his hand in front of us, revealing a rickety building made out of wood.

A warm smell of food wafts into my face as he opens the door, it smelt lovely.. but it only made my stomach growl very loudly, causing newt to laugh at me.

"Very hungry I hear" he chuckles, walking over to the kitchen, I follow behind trying to not be awkward.

"Fry, this is our new greenie, have you finished cooking? I think it's best she eats before those lot come in and scare her" he says.

I look at the boy 'fry', he had a smile engraved on his face as he looked at me, "of course, I cooked my favourite today aswell" his eyes light up as he puts a portion of food onto my face, giving it to me.

"Thank you" I smile, turning back to newt who just takes my plate off of my hands, pointing too a table in the back of the room, suggesting I sit down.

I walk over quite quickly, my mouth watering at the sight of my food. He sets my plate down in front of me, handing me some cutlery and watching me dig in. Midway eating my throat was yearning for some water, it seems newt read my mind as he pushes a glass of water towards me, watching as I down it in almost one go.

I finish my plate, picking up the napkin and wiping my mouth gently. Newt didn't batter an eyelid at my animal-like behaviour, almost like he had been in my place before, knowing what it was like to feel this kind of hunger.

He picks up my plate, giving back to fry to wash up. "That's our cook frypan, he got that name once he discovered his love for cooking" he chuckles, looking up at me.

"Time to feed the wolves" frypans voice calls out, I follow his gaze to the line of boys at the homestead door.

"That's a lot of boys" I laugh nervously, edging uncomfortably in my seat. "You'll be ok, you can sit in the kitchen while they eat if you'd prefer? Me and alby need to discuss your sleeping arrangements anyways" he offers.

I nod my head, I would rather sit with frypan who smiles all the time, than sit with a bunch of boys I didn't know.

"Hey, there's a chair back here if you'd like too sit" frypan tells me as I reach the kitchen door. I take him up on his offer and sit down, waiting patiently for the boys to start eating.

They pile in rather quickly, talking with frypan as they got their portions. "Hey greenie, holding up ok?" A boy asks me while he gets his food, I didn't know him but he had sheepish brown hair and matching brown eyes, he seemed friendly.

"I'm doing just fine" I smile, moving my gaze to the ground as he walks away to sit down.

"Oooo, talking to the boys already are we?" Another boys asks, a buffed up Asian boy passes me, winking as he does so. I roll my eyes in return, is this really what boys are like?

"Ignore him, he just has a weird sense of humour" frypan tells me, immediately going back to giving out portions.

After a gruelling 15 minutes, the boys began to pile back out the door, laughing and chattering away as they did so.

"Hey! Greenie, over here" alby calls me over to his table, I take a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for whatever was about to happen.

I sit down next to newt, he smiles, finishing his food and pushing his plate in front of him.

"We've sorted your sleeping arrangements for you, you'll be bunking up with gally? Only if that's ok, if you don't want too we can sort you out with someone else" alby tells me, waiting for my answer.

"Oh.. umm.. yeah that should be fine?" I reply, my answer sounding more like a question than an actual answer.

I had met gally not more than about an hour ago, he seemed friendly but you can never be too sure I guess.

I sit quietly in my seat as newt, alby and another boy chatter away. "Oh.. I never introduced myself, I'm Thomas" the boy next to me says, getting up from his seat and taking everyone else's plates back to the kitchen.

"Nice to meet you" I grin, watching as everyone else gets up to leave.

"Stay with newt for now, he's going to show you around on a tour before you get set up properly" alby tells me, giving one last smile before walking out the homestead.

Newt just stares at me, waiting for me to say something, "so.. this tour then?" I laugh, and he goes bright red.

"Oh yes!, sorry my bad, I- um- got distracted" he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Ready for this tour greenie?"