41 | Promise Me

⁑𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍⁑

{A Few Hours Eariler}

I listen to her soft snores, her head was sunken against my chest as I gently stroked her hair. It was around one in the afternoon, with the amount of sex we had and the surprise last night we were both pretty worn out.

I take her hand in mine, trying not to wake her up I admire the ring around her slender finger. I was engaged, to the woman of my dreams, the love of my life. My long life crush.

I place her hand down. Fidgeting with the rose-gold loop around my finger, I take it off.

My Prince.

I was her Prince and she was My Princess. The whole of last night she kept going on about how cheesy it sounded or if I hated it. There was nothing more precious than knowing I was her Prince.

I slide the ring back on my finger. I wrap my arm around her naked body, pulling her closer towards mine.

I couldn't wait until this was permanent.

To come home every night and be able to hold her beautiful body next to mine. Able to sleep next to her knowing I'll wake up and she will be right there waking up next-

My thoughts get cut off short when I hear the sound of my phone vibrating on the nightstand next to me. I turn around grabbing my phone, I look down at the caller ID.

Kai.

I remove my hand from under Hazel's head, sneaking my way off to the living room. "Where are you going Rome?" I hear her mumble, "Just going to get some water." I kiss her forehead. She nods her head and immediately falls back asleep.

I walk over to the bedroom door, placing my hand on the nob, about to open it when I hear laughter coming from the other side.

Shit.

I completely forgot the guys never went home last night. I look back over to Hazel to see her still fast asleep. I walk over to the balcony, opening the doors slightly, I step out into the cold breeze.

The phone goes off, the call has ended. I look up to the open view then back down to the phone, debating whether I should call him again or-

Nevermind. Clearly, this is urgent if he is calling again, which is a rare occasion to sight.

"Hello?" The other end of the call is dead quiet, "You do realize I hate waiting Roman," He chuckles, "What is it you want Kai?" I whisper, closing the door behind me, "What makes you think I want something?"

"Reall fucking funny Kai. Talk or I put the phone down." I huff out a breath of cold air, "Oh. You may want to hear what I have to propose." I sit in silence as I wait for him to talk.

"I heard from a little birdy that you and Hazel got engaged." He said. "I'm not surprised. Figured you couldn't keep your ass out of our business." His deep laugh fills my right ear.

"You both looked wholly busy last night." My phone chimes with a message. I pull the phone away from my ear, opening up the notification to see dozens of photo of Hazel and me in the pool, naked. More so her than me.

"You're a sick motherfucker. You know that?" I put the phone back to my ear, "It was quite a show you both put on for me last night."

"What do you want Kai?"

"I'm happy you asked because I thought I was going to have to propose it myself." He stops and then snickers, "See what I did there, propose. Because you and Johnson are getting married." I don't say anything.