18 | Take Care Of Him

⁑𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍⁑

"Roman, can I talk to you for a moment" I let go of Hazel's hand and followed Richard inside, "Is something wrong?" He stuffs his hands in his pockets, "Yes. There is"

"Care to explain what it is?" He looked around the room, lowering his voice when talking, "I don't think it's very wise to date that woman," He pulled away, "Excuse me?"

"Roman don't be so naive, do you know who her father is? Do you know what he did to me and your father's company?" A waitress passed us, Richard takes the flute glass off the table, "How could I be so naive, open your fucking eyes, Richard. Whatever happened with Hazel's father has nothing to do with me."

"He was a good man, he was good to me when no one else was, and right before his death, I made him a promise. To protect Hazel at all-cause, no matter what."

"Whatever feud you had is something you and him had, don't blame his actions for Hazel's" I turn away from him, ready to walk away when he grabs hold of my shoulder.

"Do you think a woman like her can take over a company as big as that? Think about it Roman, women are supposed to be at home" I jerk my shoulder away from him, facing him, I come up close.

"I swear to fucking god Richard say one more word about her and watch how you won't return home to your wife"

I walk away. I come back outside to see Hazel talking with JJ. "What happened?" She asked, "The guy was just being an ass, don't worry about it" I can't tell her what he said, she will get way to upset.

"If he was so much of an ass what did he say?" God, why does she have to be so stubborn sometimes, "I said forget about it, don't waste your time on that man" The fire in her eyes was burning.

"Why won't you tell me what happened?" I look to the boys who were just as curious as her about what happened, I look to Hazel, arms crossed over he chest, raging expression.

"He was saying women can't take over such a big company like yours, especially with the background your father had" She screwed her face, I shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

"Excuse me?! That old asshole has no right to judge me and my family!" She spins around on her heel, marching back inside, "Hazel, stop" I call after her but she moves quicker inside.

I start jogging. I get inside the building to see her moving quickly pass the crowd's of people, trying to find him. She taps him on the shoulder, Richard slowly turns around.

And the next thing I know I see her fist collide with his face. Whispers and murmurs surround us, I watch Hazel run out of the building making her way to the exit.

"Take care of him" I whisper to JJ. I walk out of the building, I see Hazel, her back is facing me, her head is in her hands, mumbling to herself. "Roman...I'm sorry, I ruined your night this wasn't how I pictured my night going either-"

"I quite liked it, the place was starting to dull me." Her head shoots up, she turns around slowly, I look into her beautiful hazel eyes, a glassy sheen covered them as if she was on the verge of crying "What he did was a shit thing, he deserved to be punched" I come closer to her.

Taking her hand in mine I examine her knuckles, "We should go put some ice on that" I kiss her bruise, I take my phone out of my blazer pocket, dialling Noah's number, "Hey Noah, we're ready to go home, did you drop off Hazel's clothes?"

"Yes Sir, I'll be there soon."

"Thank you." I stuff the phone back in my pocket.

"Clothes, for what?" She tilted her head to the side.