Mermaid Rescue (part 1).

Start from the beginning

Zane manages to get out of the headlock, because of Darren's momentary distraction.

"Well, I'm waiting for an explanation" Rikki says again, hands on hips, whilst glaring at the both of them.

"Well, you're not getting any explanation, since this is none of your business, now back off bitch." Zane spits at her coldly.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you over all the blood in your mouth" Rikki spits back, taking a daring step forward.

Darren ignores them both, and gets on Lewis's boat. He begins to fumble with the engine.

"What do you think you're doing?" Cleo asks, coming to stand in front of him. "That's Lewis's boat" she adds when Darren doesn't answer.

Darren barely glances at her, intent on getting the boat to start. Each second that passed was dire to Lewis.

"Darren?" Mirabelle calls questioningly.

He stops abruptly, and looks up at her, their eyes meeting. He could see the question and confusion in them, and this only made him feel more guilty about the current events.

"What's going on?" She asks.

He breaks.

"I'm going to help Lewis..." He begins.

"This asshole." Zane interrupts glaring at him.

Darren glares back.

"Help Lewis, why?" Cleo asks, her heart rate increasing by the minute.

"Cleo.." Emma comes to stand beside her, sensing her distress.

"Because this major imbecile here, practically abandoned him in the middle of the ocean!" He bites out, avoiding Mirabelle's gaze.

"What..." Is all Cleo can get out, as her breaths start coming out in pants.

Everyone turns to face Zane who looks about ready to murder Darren, what with his hands balled up in fists.

"What do you mean ' abandoned '? Zane you mighty ass-wipe, what have you done now?!" Rikki asks, glaring lavas at Zane.

"Don't act like it was all me, I didn't see you doing anything to stop me." Zane responds, glaring even harder at Darren if possible.

"You're such a douchebag Zane and if anything bad happens to Lewis, I'm going to personally make sure you pay dearly for it." Darren states, dead serious.

Mirabelle stares at Darren in slight awe, she'd never seen him so livid before.

"Where is Lewis?" Emma asks while trying to calm Cleo, who looks about ready to pass out.

Darren doesn't answer, and neither does Zane.

"Where the heck is Lewis Darren?!" Mirabelle yells already frustrated with the situation.

Darren stops and looks at her, regret clear in his eyes.

"He's somewhere off the coast of Mako." He answers silently.

"Bloody hell Zane, are you that much of a monster?!" Rikki exclaims and shoves Zane so hard, he falls to the floor.

Cleo, on the other hand, takes off at a dead run towards the pier, Lewis the only thing on her mind.

"Cleo!" Emma calls, but she's too far to hear. "Mirabelle, go after her now!" She tells Mirabelle, who runs after Cleo, without a backward glance to Darren.

Darren, knowing he deserved that, and much more, goes back to hotwiring Lewis's boat, while hoping and praying that he got to Lewis in time.

Emma, immediately takes out her phone and calls for help.

"What do you think you're doing?" Zane also her, still on the floor.

"What does it look like she's doing you retard, she's calling for help and you are in so much trouble." Rikki sneers at him.

He immediately gets up, and goes to grab the phone from Emma, but Rikki gets in the way, and shoves him back on the floor hard her strength surprising both of them.

"You can't do that Emma, please, I'll do anything" Zane pleads while cradling his hip.

"It's a little too late for that, don't you think?" Emma sneers at him with disgust.

The motor boat finally starts up, and Darren is out of there in a flash.

"You better hope that Lewis is okay, or I swear to God you will be beyond sorry you pathetic excuse of a human being" Rikki tells Zane with all the hatred she could muster. It was taking a huge amount of restraint not to set him on fire.

Cleo stops at the end of the pier, looking into the water as tears gather in her eyes. ' Lewis has to be okay, ' she chants over and over in her head.

"Cleo, wait!" Mirabelle calls out to her, as she finally catches up to her.

"I have to help him, I have to go after him" Cleo says frantically.

"I know, and I'm coming with you. Lewis will be fine, I promise." Mirabelle reassures her.

Cleo nods.

"Now, we're going to jump on three okay?" She says to Cleo holding her hand.

"Okay." Cleo says, taking a deep breath, to calm herself.

"One, two, three..." Mirabelle counts.

They both jump into the water at the same time.
Cleo begins to sink as this is her first time in the water ever since she became a mermaid. She was also holding her breath.

Mirabelle swims to her, all pulls her up.

' it's okay, you can breathe in the water. ' she informs Cleo telepathically, with a smile.

Cleo finally stops holding her breath, and begins to work her tail, so she can float in the water. She nods at Mirabelle.

' okay, ready, let's go. ' Mirabelle thinks, and they both turbo swim towards Mako.

* * * *

Lewis was exhausted. He had begun swimming towards Mako, only to realize that the island was a lot farther than it seemed from the onset. Either that, or the island was moving, he couldn't tell which, and at this point, he couldn't care less. He was about 30 feet from the shore, when he pulled a muscle. He'd tried to stay afloat, but it was inevitable, he started to drown. He looked on hopelessly as the surface moved farther and farther away from him. His mind told him to keep fighting, but his body wasn't agreeing with that thought. Cleo's smiling face is the last thing he envisions before everything went black.

# # # #

Dun dun dun... Jeez, things just went from bad to worse real quick.

I don't know about you, but I think Zane needs an ass whooping right about now, I never did like him anyway.

So, who'd you think will get to Lewis first? And will it already be too late? What do you think will happen to Zane now?

Stay tuned for the next chapter, to answer all your burning questions.

Please vote, comment, and share this book, as I'm trying to hit 10k reads 🙈

Song Suggestion: Even If I Die, It's You by BTS' V and Jin.

Till next time.

Luwiza out ✌️