Chapter 54 - Karli

As we walk outside, John and his partner finds us. "Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit." John says angrily.

"Ah! How'd you find us now?" Bucky yells.

"Come on. You think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?" Lemar asks.

"No more keeping us in the dark...You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison." John points.

"He did that himself, technically." Bucky shrugs.

"This better be an unbelievable explana..."

"Hey, take it easy before it gets weird." Sam stops John.

"I know where Karli is." Zemo nods and walks ahead.

John stops him, "Well, where?"

"All we know is, it's a memorial." Sam nods. "So, we're gonna intercept her there."

"That means civilians. High risk of casualties." Lemar says.

"All right, good, we'll move in fast. Take her by surprise." John says as we follow Zemo.

"No, I wanna talk to her alone." Sam nods.

"I'm not losing her again."

"Look, the person closest to her died, she's vulnerable." Sam says.
"Now is the best time to reason with her."

"What? No. Wait, no! No! Stop. Hold on. Stop, okay?" Join stops us. "I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot that she blew up a building with people still in it."

"Sam, you walk in there cold, she could kill you." Lemar nods.

"If I go in hot and the op goes wrong, more people will die." Sam says.

"Are you gonna let him do this?" John asks Bucky and I.
"Are you gonna let your partner walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone?"

"He's dealt with worse. And he's not my partner." Bucky says.

"I used to counsel soldiers dealing with trauma, okay?
This is in my wheelhouse."

"I know. And I know those soldiers, which is why I know this is a bad idea." John nods.

"You don't know shit." I whisper, Sam bumps my arm to stop me.

"Wait, John. If he can talk her down, it might be worth a try." Lemar nods.

"We'll deal with you later." John points at Zemo.

"I'm sure it will all come to an agreeable conclusion. My associate is just up ahead." We turn to see a little girl and walk closer to her.
"Hello, my friend. This is for your family.p" he hands her money.
"Can you show us the way?"

"What the hell?" John says as we follow the girl.

We enter a building and stop as she points, "Karli's in there." Zemo nods.

"All right." Sam walks ahead.

Zemo groans as John cuffs him to a pipe. "Hey. You got ten minutes."

"Really?" Zemo asks.

"Then we're doing things my way." John nods as Sam walks off.

"Aggressive. But I get it." Zemo smiles.

As the minutes go by, John was pacing back and forth. His mind was all offer the place. I couldn't listen to just one thought. This man was crazy.

"Uh-uh. No, no, no. This is a bad idea." John shakes his head.

"It hasn't been ten minutes, John. Just sit tight." Bucky nods.

"Don't do that. Don't patronize me." John points.

"He knows what he's doing." I nod.

"I'm goin' in." John says, walking to the door. I use my power to keep him still, Bucky then pushes him back.

"This is all really easy for you, isn't it? All that serum runnin' through your veins." John says to us.

"Fuck you." I hiss.

"Barnes, Stark....your partner needs backup in there. Do you really want his blood on your hands?"

Bucky looks away sadly. "Bucky....no." I shake my head. "I'll go. I'm the one that can take her down." John shoves past me. "Push me one more time bitch, I will blast your flat ass!" I yell.

We chase after them, finding Sam and Karli. Lemar tires to push us back as Karlie pushes John. As she runs, Bucky and I chase after her.

I fly into a room and over the people as Bucky pushes past them. We eventually lose her and find Sam. "Shit." Sam looks around.

"We lost her." Bucky shakes his head.

"This place is a maze." I sigh.

We rerun through the manny halls, stopping and running into a room to see Zemo on the ground with John standing over him. "What did we miss?" Sam asks.

I look at John and narrow my eyes, there was one word going through his mind......

Serum