Chapter 28 - Vision

"This framework is not compatible." I say.

"The genetic coding tower's at ninety-seven percent. You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes." Bruce nods.

"I'm gonna say this once." Steve announces, Standing next to Wanda and Pietro.

"How about nonce?" Tony says.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen." I put my hands on my hips.

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce asks.

Wanda steps forward, "I know you're angry."

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Bruce says.

Steve shakes his head, "Banner, after everything that's happened-"

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" I yell.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda yells.

"This isn't a game-"

"The creature-" Wanda is cut off by Pietro destroying the lab equipment.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" Suddenly Clint shoots the glass Pietro is standing to stand to destroy it, and Pietro falls through.

"Pietro!"

"I'm rerouting the upload." Tony turns, Steve hurls his shield. Tony's armor goes in as I fly to Steve and punch him.

Bruce grabs Wanda, "Go ahead, piss me off."

Tony and I both Blast Steve back, as he stands, Thor enters and jumps in the cradle. He creates a lightning bolt and strikes it down onto the cradle.

The body floats out and looks around, his eyes land on Thor and he lunges for him. After Thor throws him out we all race to the body. Thor then holds his hand out to stop us:

"I'm sorry, that was...odd. Thank you."

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asks.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." he points to the gem inside his head:

"What, the gem?" Bruce asks.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor nods.

Steve looked confused, "Then why would you bring it to.."

"Because Stark is right."

Bruce sighs, "Oh, it's definitely the end times."

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron."

"Not alone." The body steps forward.

"Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asks.

"We... reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to create something new." I nod.

Steve sigh, "I think I've had my fill of new."

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?"

"You're not?" Steve asks.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis. I am... I am."

Wanda steps closer, "I looked in your head and saw annihilation."

"Look again."

Clint chuckles, "Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me."

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side...." Thor points.

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve asks.

"I don't think it's that simple."

Clint crosses his arms, "Well it better get real simple real soon."

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asks.

"You."

"Where?" I ask.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint nods at me.

Bruce shakes his head, "If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" He looks around at us all. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." He holds up Thor's hammer as everyone stares in shock. When Thor takes it, He walks off.

Thor pats, Tony and I'd shoulders, "Well done."

Steve nods, "Three minutes. Get what you need."

As I go to walk, Wanda grabs my hand lightly. "I'm sorry about before...I saw inside your head. The horrors you went through. I knew you needed to remember."

"No...thank you." I smile. "You helped me realize the truth." I look back at Steve with a cold stare. "I'd love to get to know you more." I smile down at her.

"Me too."