Chapter 43 - 2012 New York

We officially had all the time and dates. I had to be honest....I was terrified.

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot. Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Tony gives Steve a look. "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

Rocket whispers, "He's pretty good at that."

"Right?" Scott Looks very excited.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony nods.

"Tractors engaged."

I hug Nat, "See you in a minute." She smiles excitedly.

Suddenly we all shrunk, entering the Quantum Realm. We all split up in different Intervals. Tony, Steve, Bruce, and I all land in 2012 New York.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." Steve nods.

2012 Hulk passes by us, smashing everything in his way. Bruce puts his hand on his face, embarrassed. "Feel free to smash a few things along the way." I nod.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce walks away.

Steve and I run down the street to the tower,
"Got to hustle, Cap. Things look like they're just about wrapped up here." Tony says.

We hurry inside, "Got it. We're approaching the elevator now."

"Uh, Mr. Rogers. I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass." Tony suddenly says.

Steve looks at me and sighs. "No one asked you to look, Tony."

"It's ridiculous."

"I think you look great, Cap. As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass." Scott says.

I look behind at Steve's ass, "Debatable, I think I have a good chance of having America's ass." I smirk at Steve.

"I also agree." Scott says.

"Scott...." Steve sighs. "Don't."

"Ew." Tony sighs. "All right, Cap. I got our scepter in the elevator just passing the 80th floor."

"On it. Head to the lobby." Steve says.

"Alright. I'll see you both there."

The elevator opens and we step inside, I had to control myself, knowing they are all Hydra. "Captain. Miss. Stark, I thought you both were coordinating search and rescue?" Sitwell asks.

"Change of plans." Steve nods.

"Hey, Cap." Rumlow says.

"Rumlow." everyone starts getting suspicious and has their guard up. "I just got a call from the Secretary. We're gonna be running point on the scepter." Steve nods.

Sitwell looks confused, "Sir? I don't understand."

"We got word there may be an attempt to steal it." I nod.

"Sorry, Cap. I can't give you the scepter." Rumlow shakes his head.

"I'm gonna have to call the Director." Steve turns and stops him.