Chapter 59 - Work

Bucky and I spent the next three weeks together...learning everything about each other. But now...we had to work to do.

Bucky and I were both walking through the crowd

Bucky and I were both walking through the crowd...they were attacking the GRC.

I had a feeling that this was gonna end tonight.

"I'm almost there." Sam says over comms.

"What's the plan?" I ask.

"Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open."

"Well, it could be anybody." I say.

"Sergeant Barnes....Miss Stark." An officer let's us through.

"And by the way, I called in some backup."

"Excuse me, sir. Are you supposed to be here?" A man comes up, they take something off their face to reveal its Sharon, "It's me."

"Sharon, what the hell are you doing here?" Bucky asks.

"Relax. No one's looking for me here."

"Is that Sharon?" Sam asks.

"Unfortunately." Bucky says.

"Hey, Sam. I thought I'd get the band back together." Sharon smiles.

"Thank you. You're risking a lot coming here."

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be." Sharon says.

"Depends on the therapist." I say.

"They'll move on the building soon. Be ready." Sam says. The three of us walk toward the building, "Guys what's going on, on your end."

"Nothing, all quiet." I say.

"No one's moving toward the building."  Sharon says.

"Karli's not coming in. She's trying to force everybody out." Sam says. "You guys are gonna have to do something." Sam says as we enter the building. "Don't let 'em out of the building."

Bucky walks through a medal detector and and it starts beeping, "Oops." Sharon shrugs.

"Here's one of them." I nod.

"We'll get the evac." Bucky nods at Sharon, we both walk around the corner.

"Mr. Barnes, it's Karli." A woman says, handing him a phone.

I step aside as he starts talking, soon my own Phone starts ringing..it was hacked. Bucky looks up at me as his call ends and he starts running. "Let's go!"

I stop to answer the call, "Miss Stark...it's nice to talk to talk to you again." Karli says.

"I can't say the same." I sigh.