Chapter 6 - Birthday Party

I join Tony's birthday party late, holding my gift and walking to Pepper

I join Tony's birthday party late, holding my gift and walking to Pepper. "Hey what's wrong- oh my god." I sigh as I watch Tony stumble around in his Iron Man suit drunk.

"Hey Pepper. Hey Y/N. You both look great." Rhodey hugs my side.

"I'm going to get some air." Pepper rolls her eyes.

"What's wrong?" We walk forward and show him Tony.

"We don't know what to do." Pepper says.

"You gotta be kidding me." Tony falls over, drunk. "That's it, I'm making..."

"No, no, no. Don't call anyone." I stop him.

"Guys. This is ridiculous. I just stuck my neck out for this guy." He points.

"I know. I know. I get it. I'm gonna handle it, okay Just let me handle it." Pepper nods.

"Handle it. Or I'm gonna have to."

"You know, the question I get asked most often is, Tony, how do you go to the bathroom in the suit?" Tony pauses, "Just like that." The crowd laughs.

"That's disgusting." I cover my face.

"Does this guy know how to throw a party or what?" Pepper laughs and takes the microphone.

"I love you." Tony says.

"Unbelievable! Thank you so much. Tony, we all thank you so much for such a wonderful night. And we're gonna say good night now, and thank you all for coming."

"No, no, no, we can't ... Wait, wait, wait. We didn't have the cake. We didn't blow out the candles." Tony says. They start to whisper, Tony leans in to kiss her but pulls away as she gives him the microphone and takes the alcohol form him.

"Pepper Potts. She's right. The party's over. Then again, the party was over for me, like, an hour and a half ago. The after-party starts in 15 minutes. And if anybody, Pepper, doesn't like it, there's the door." He accidentally shoots it with the suit. I look over as Rhodey walks away.  "Yeah!" A girl throws bottle it the air. "Hit! Pull!l her shoots another bottle. Another girl throws a watermelon, "I think she wants the Gallagher!"

"I'm only gonna say this once. Get out." Rhodey yells next to me in a Ironman suit. I stand still, "You don't deserve to wear one of these. Shut it down!"

Pepper pulls me back as they start to fight, "Natalie!"

"Miss Potts."

"Don't you Miss Potts me! I'm on to you. You know what? Ever since you came here..." Tony and Rhodey come crashing through the ceiling, making pepper scream.

"Pepper! Y/N!" Happy yells, grabbing up. I pull back and watch the fight, growing angry.

"Hey!" I scream, my power swirling at my hands. I blast the two back. Tony stands and looks around, screaming at the others.

"Put your hand down!" Rhodey says.

"You think you got what it takes to wear that suit?"

"We don't have to do this, Tony." Rhodey shakes his head.

"You wanna be the War Machine, take your shot."

"Put it down!" Rhodey yells.

"Stop it!" I yell.

"You gonna take a shot?"
I sue my power to protect me as their blasts creates a giant one.

I create a rope of power and latch it on Rhodey's neck, throwing him out of the house.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I ask Tony, using my power to lift him to his feet.

"Come on." Tony gets up.

I follow Tony to a donut shop, pissed as I watch him eat a donut, sitting in a giant donut.

"Sir! I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the doughnut." A man yells next to me.

Tony comes down and the three of us sit inside, "I told you I don't wanna join your super-secret boy band."

"No, no, no. See, I remember, you do everything yourself. How's that working out for you?" The man asks.

"It's... It's... It's... I'm sorry. I don't wanna get off on the wrong foot. Do I look at the patch or the eye? Honestly I'm a bit hung over. I'm not sure if you're real of if I'm having...."

"I am very real. I'm the realest person you're ever gonna meet." The man leans forward.

"Just my luck. Where's the staff here?"

"That's not looking so good." The man points to Tony's neck.

"What the hell is that?" I ask Tony. "And who are you?"

"We've secured the perimeter but I don't think we should hold it for too much longer." Tony and I look up.

"You're fired." He says to Natalie.

"That's not up to you." She sits next to the man.

"Tony, Y/N, I want you to meet Agent Romanoff."

"Hi."

"I'm a Shield shadow. Once we knew you were ill, I was tasked to you by Director Fury." She says.

"Fury?" I look over at the man.

"I suggest you apologise." Tony nods.

"You've been very busy. You made your girl your CEO, you're giving away all your stuff. You let your friend fly away with your suit. Now, if I didn't know better..." Fury starts.

"You don't know better. I didn't give it to him. He took it."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. He took it? You're Iron Man and he just took it? The little brother walked in there, kicked your ass and took your suit? Is that possible?"

"Well, according to Mr Stark's database security guidelines, there are redundancies to prevent unauthorised usage."

"And you!" Fury points at me. "You now have some sort of powers? Now the world has seen it!"

"So?" I shrug.

"What do you want from me?" Tony suddenly asks.

"What do we want from you? What do you want from me?" Agent Romanoff leaves. "You have become a problem, a problem I have to deal with. Contrary to your belief, you are not the centre of my universe. I have bigger problems than you in the southwest region to deal with." Romanoff returns with an injection. "Hit him."

"Oh, God, are gonna steal my kidney and sell it?" The rash goes down. "Could you please not do anything awful for five seconds? What did she just do to me?"

"What did we just do for you? That's lithium dioxide. It's gonna take the edge off. We're trying to get you back to work." Fury nods.

"Give me a couple of boxes of that. I'll be right as rain."

"It's not a cure, it just abates the symptoms." Romanoff nods.

"Doesn't look like it's gonna be an easy fix."

"Trust me, I know. I'm good at this stuff. I've been looking for a suitable replacement for palladium. I've tried every combination, every permutation of every known element." Tony shakes his head.

"Well, I'm here to tell you, you haven't tried them all."