"children of the gremlins" ~1

buzz

buzz

buzz

*smash*

buzz

buzz

"HOLY MOTHER OF FLIPPITY FLAP JACKS WHY ARE YOU STILL BUZZING?!"

buzz

I sat up so fast that I'm surprised I didn't fall off my bed. I turn to my alarm clock glaring at it's obsessive buzzing wishing I could shoot lasers with my eyes.

"Honey staring at it will do you no good! Get off your lazy butt and come get ready for you first day of school, your going to be late!" I sigh and turn off my alarm clock, it's probably sad that my mom already knew I was trying to blow it up with my eyes. I look around my new room appreciating the fact that it's bigger than my old one. It's got midnight blue walls covered with Supernatural posters, pictures of friends and family, photos I've taken, and some other random stuff that I've collected over the years. My room's in the attic, which is still spacious enough since it takes up a good half of the third floor. My twin sized bed is in the corner of the room, diagonal from my door, it has one of those head board things on 3 of the sides so it works as a couch when I'm not using it. It also pulls out into a king sized bed which is kind of awesome. I have one of those floating hammock things attached to the wall, on the other side of my bed wall, and across from that is my door that leads directly down the attic stairs into the hallway of the second floor. I slowly get myself out of bed figuring it's now or never. I practically zombie walk to my bathroom, which is in the middle of my door and closet, to quickly shower and get dressed. I throw on my black leggings that outline my legs nicely, showing off what little curves I have, then I throw on this fuzzy white off-shoulder top and my brown combat boots to complete the look. I quickly blow dry my hair, brush my teeth, and grab my backpack off my hammock thing. As I walk out of my room I have an internal debate with myself whether to fake sick, beg my parents to not let me go to school, or hide out in the mini attic within my attic. It's this small-ish crawl space that leads into a larger mini room right in the corner across my bed, I cover it with my dresser that effectively hides it and makes my parents forget it's there. Out of sight out of mind, right? I shake my head slightly knowing I can't hide away in my safe space. I grudgingly walk downstairs only to crash right into my twin brother, Nathan, although I'm 5 minutes older than him.

"Hey sis ready to conquer the world at our amazing new school?" I chuckle, effectively hearing the sarcasm evident in his voice.

"If only it were that easy lil bro."

"Hey! I'm not little, and your only older by 5 minutes!"

"Yes, but I was in this world 5 minutes longer than you. Successfully making me the smartest since I started learning things before you." I counter with a smug look on my face.

"That doesn't even make sense." I ignore his mumbled protests and begin walking down to the kitchen, already feeling the anxiety build up in my stomach. Nate follows closely behind me still mumbling incoherent things, most likely about our little argument we had not even 30 seconds ago. We both walk into the kitchen smelling the delicious smell of chocolate chip pancakes. My brother and I look at each other at the same time and shout "pancakes!" then rush to get to the food first.

"Woah! Are you sure these are humans hun? They seem more like food deprived gremlins." My brother and I stop our fight for the food and look sheepishly at our dad who's staring at us with an amused look. Next to him, mom is just standing there shaking her head at our foolishness. I decide to ignore the look of my parents and booty bump Nate out of the way to get the 3 biggest pieces of bacon.

"oomph" I glance at my brother who is now on the floor rubbing his butt, glaring daggers at me. I give him a cheery smile and sit down to eat my breakfast. Nate soon followed and we both shove the food down our throats, finishing within a few minutes. Maybe dad calling us gremlins wasn't so far off, I inwardly snorted at that fact knowing full well we both eat like food deprived gremlins.

"Alright children of the gremlins, you don't want to be late to your first day of school." Nate snorts and looks at mom with a humorous glint in his eyes.

"You do realize you just inadvertently called dad and yourself gremlins, right?"

Mom just rolls her eyes and shoos us outside, I immediately run to my baby, aka a black, convertible, Chevy 67 impala, and hug it like the crazy person I am while mumbling, "Ahhhhh my baby I cant wait to drive you again!" Nate looks on the verge of dying from laughter and I shoot an icy glare towards him.

"Well....I mean if you don't want to drive then you could have just said so." He looks wide-eyed at me knowing I never, EVER, let anyone drive my baby. I just chuckle knowing I wouldn't have let him either way, anyway. He grumbles again and gets in next to me. He has his own car but it's currently in the shop considering last week he decided to drive it into a wall, he says he did it on purpose but we all know he just wasn't paying attention. We moved here to Maine a few weeks ago during the last weeks in summer so we are already adjusted, we just need to get used to school now. Great. Note the sarcasm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

First of all, thank you so much for reading!! Second, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! My chapter lengths will vary in size, so some may be short like this one, while others might be longer, like the next one. Anywho, let me know your thoughts on the characters!! More to come soon :)

Peace out and eat lots of cookies!

~Jay <3