Taking out his phone, he called the chauffeur he encharged Annika's duty with. A teeny bit of anger was still there which is why he couldn't call her himself.

"Hello—"

"Don't take my name. Just answer. Is Annika with you?" Shivaay asked.

"Yes, sir," came a reply making him sigh in relief.

"Get her home safely," he instructed before cutting the call.

He looked at Annika's picture on his desk. It was in Harsh's cabin first but he shifted it to his own later. When he saw the picture for the first time, he didn't have so many feelings for Annika as he did now. She was only a girl he got engaged to. He could all but treat her with chivalry. Never did he think he could be angry, frustrated, protective, and caring towards her at the same time.

"I don't know what I should do, Annika. What should I do to let you know how I feel for you?" he spoke to himself more than Annika. Simply, he didn't know how to say it and she didn't know how to take it.

***

Annika was sure it was Shivaay who called the chauffeur midway to ensure her safety. She was still hurt. She fiddled with her phone for a long time. He didn't call or text. So won't she, Annika had decided. It wasn't the first time they fought. Still, it hurt more than anything. None of the issues, misunderstandings, fights in the past questioned the existence of their relationship. There always remained a hope of sorting those issues and getting back together. In this case, she saw none. It hurt a lot. Shivaay's silence hurt a lot.

She entered the closet, changed her clothes, and got ready.

***

"Annika" Shivaay stood in disbelief as he saw Annika standing near a desktop discussing something with the head of their marketing department. She quickly glanced at him before resuming the act of not knowing he was there. He fumed in anger. His anger shot up second per second knowing well that he was the one at fault and it wasn't his place to get angry.

"Annika, I need to talk to you," he managed to gather the courage and say. She smiled and whispered something to the employee she was just talking to before heading in another direction. Balling his palms in a fist, he stomped his feet on the floor. He was doing everything wrong today. First, he couldn't lie in front of the media. Second, he couldn't assure Annika. Third, he left her alone. Fourth, he came to the office instead of home, and now this. He made her mad and now the distance between them could only make him suffer.

He looked around seeing a few employees gossiping to themselves. Sure they watched the live interview. They also saw her ignoring him now. Quite surprisingly, what they thought about him didn't matter too much at this time. He wanted Annika to pay him some attention.

He walked behind her as she toured aimlessly around the floor. The clock stroke one and all employees left for lunch. Annika wanted to accompany two strangers to lunch if not for Shivaay pulling her along.

They stood close in a secluded corner of the office. Unluckily, Shivaay's cabin was not on the same floor and he was too impatient to delay a conversation.

"What do you want from me?" he asked, aggravated.

"I want some time alone," she replied, agitated. It hit him like a blow. He needed time when he said the same thing to her a few hours back. Annika taunting him for the same didn't sit well. It was not the Annika he loved—correction—shared a deep connection with.

"Annika, I am serious. Why did you come here?"

"Why? This is my Papa's company. The same Papa you made a deal with," there was a flavor of mockery in her words, "And don't worry, I am here to learn work rather than bossing around. I don't take shortcuts."