FEEL (Tsukishima Kei)

Start from the beginning

It would have been easier if the floors weren't so littered. Tsukishima was sure he'd grabbed his glasses, only to come up with a candy wrapped in his fingers. It must have skidded away...

Normally, he was impartial to Yamaguchi being at his side but he realized it would have been helpful to have his only friend nearby in this instance. The sound of muffled snickering reached his ears and his jaw clenched in response. The students that chose to mock him instead of helping him only added to his rising irritation. He was seriously beginning to wonder what he would do. He only had so much time between classes-

"Hold still for a sec."

A girl's soothing voice interrupted his thoughts, prompting him to notice a vaguely, through his blurry vision, person-shaped figure approaching him. The person was getting a little too close for Tsukishima's comfort and he jerked his head back at the sudden sensation of smooth plastic pressing against his skin.

"Hold still!"

He obeyed the insistent voice and tried to ignore the plastic sliding against his skin, thoroughly confused. Before he knew it, his glasses were on his face once more and a short (h/c)-haired girl was removing her hands from the sides of his glasses' frame.

She was putting my glasses on me?

Tsukishima's mind was brought back to clarity well after his vision was. He cleared his throat and got to his feet, looking down at his rescuer. Damn, I think she's shorter than Nishinoya-

Now that Tsukishima was seeing the girl with fully-functional sight he couldn't help but take in the angel he'd been graced with. (H/l) (h/c} hair that he'd love to stroke, (e/c) eyes that shined up at him, beautiful (s/c) skin...

The tall blond swallowed the sudden lump in his throat, desperately wracking his brain for something to say. Thank her. I should thank her. But when he parted his lips, his mouth dried and the words died on his tongue. He couldn't even imagine how stupid he must look to her...

"I hope I didn't smudge the glass or anything." Those shining (e/c) eyes dulled and turned to gaze down at her sneakers. "I did my best to hold only the frame so I'm really sorry if my fingerprints got on the glass or something."

Tsukishima's brain was spitting out thoughts faster than he could process them and yet he was still frozen in place. Say something- Say literally anything- Thank her- Do something- STOP STANDING THERE GAPING LIKE A MORON-

"No!" Tsukishima's mouth managed to blurt out the word at the cost of it coming out more panicked than he intended. "I mean, no, you didn't get any fingerprints on it." He cleared his throat and adjusted himself. His still-racing mind had at least connected to his voice and he was going to use it while he could. "Thank you for helping me. It was very kind of you."

The girl's eyes snapped back up to meet his golden ones and a sweet smile spread across her face. "It was no problem! I'm just glad to help!" Her unwavering attention was sending Tsukishima's systems into overdrive.

What the hell is happening to me?

His heart was pounding in his ears and hammering against his ribcage at the same time and he'd never felt it beating this fast, even after the most intense matches he's played. His long legs were struggling to keep him upright and his hands were trembling uncontrollably. He simultaneously felt sick to his stomach and unbelievably happy. He could feel sweat materializing on his forehead.

Part of him wanted to attribute these sensations to some sort of illness but it had come on too sudden. And it was obvious that the girl in front of him was the source of it. These "symptoms" were all things his parents, teammates, brother, and Yamaguchi had described for one thing- the thing Tsukishima knew he was now experiencing...