Shit's About to Get Real

Marshall POV

The plane ride to Japan sucked ass, I hate flying. I hate it even more knowing that my kids and my pregnant girlfriend are thirteen hours across the ocean. If something serious happens I wouldn't even come close to making it home in time, but I can't think about that now. I must concentrate on making the fans happy and putting on a fucking dope-ass show every night. I know I'm gonna be on the phone with Ray and the kids constantly though. Paul knows how it is. He's married and starting to have babies.

"What's Allison do while you're away?" I asked my big, bald manager.

"Oh, I don't know, just kinda hangs around the house, spends time with the kids."

"Well, my girl flies out to LA to hang out with her friends on a beach." I said in an envious, yet sarcastic tone.

"You sound jealous Marshall." Paul replied.

"Nah, it's cool. Just, at first, I thought it would be cool to be with another famous person or whatever. I know for a fact she ain't using me for money and shit, not using me for celebrity status."

Alchemist yelled across the way from the other side of the plane, "So, what's the problem man? You ain't happy for her?"

"Yeah, I'm happy for her man. And when I watch her perform, I can't tell you how proud I am of her." I admitted slowly. "But it kinda freaks me out a little bit, I mean Ray could have any man she wants. Why does she love me?"

"You got that Slim Shady charm." Alchemist joked.

"Quit being such a pussy!" Paul laughed in my direction.

"I'm serious. Fuck you guys!"

"Man, she ain't going anywhere." Denaun chimed in. "Ray gets all giggly around you. You ain't got nothin to worry about man. Trust me."

RayLynn POV:

I sat on my sundeck by the beach in a red maternity one-piece with both of my siblings while Derek's daughters played with Nevaeh in the pool. The aroma from the burgers sizzling on the grill made my stomach grumble with hunger. I rose to pour myself a plastic Solo cup full of homemade blueberry green tea that I had whipped up earlier with the ingredients I got from the farmer's market. I felt happy and spunky. This pregnancy has been extremely friendly to my body. My figure was still flexible and taut as I carried all in the front. Marshall had stroked cocoa butter all over my bun in the oven every night to impede the stretch marks before he left on tour.

"Ray! Where you hiding?"

"We're out here!" I yelled to my friend Jessalyn as she appeared at the side of the house, bikini top on and beach bag in hand.

"Hey!" We hugged tight. "Oh my god! You look amazing!"

"Thanks! I only have six weeks left!"

We grabbed some food and sat down by the pool, chomping away. My brother played with the kids in the pool, yelling and splashing around. After a great conversation about how Marshall and I painted the nursery blue and are going with an "under the sea" theme, Jessalyn joined them. I stood up to waddle my pregnant body on to the beach to feel the waves. Salt water sprayed my face as I looked on to the graceful late summer breeze. The golden touch of the sun and warm foam rising and falling beneath my feet is just the treatment this 34-week pregnant body needs.

"Hey Ray!" I heard a clear, familiar, female voice call to me. I had heard that voice a million times. It was the voice that has done my backup vocals, the voice that I had taken the stage with a lifetime ago, the voice that sat with me while I wrote Girl on Fire and gave her input, the voice that sits in the studio smoking blunts with me and having deep conversations until the sun came up. When I saw the figure in the distance, she looked so beautiful, I thought she was an angel for a moment.