The Real Thing Dawg

The next morning, I rolled my naked ass over to an empty bed. I slowly rose and wrapped myself in my robe.

"Marshall? Babe?" I looked around the sitting room.

"In here Beautiful." He said as he peeked out from the bathroom door.

"I thought you left me." I giggled as he finished brushing his teeth. He was already dressed.

"Of course not baby. Listen, I gotta run out for a bit to go over some beats with 50. Do you wanna come with or you can just stay here and relax? It's up to you."

"I'll stay here for a while." I told him. "I don't need to be up your ass all the time."

"I'll be back in a couple hours." He kissed me. "I love you."

"Love you too."

Marshall left me alone in the suite and I drew a bath. I threw my head back and inhaled the steam. My album is supposed to come out in another month. I was trying to take this bit of time to relax but started to think about my music. I want to throw Love the Way You Lie in there somewhere. I'll have to go over things again when return home tomorrow. Speaking of home... I picked up my phone to give my sister a call.

"Hey Ray."

"Hey Kyra. How's everything? How's Nevaeh?"

"Everything's fine. We've just been hanging around the house. How's it going with Marshall?"

"Oh Kyra, it's amazing! I think I'm in love." I told my sister.

"Seriously? Good. Good for you. Enjoy it!"

"Yeah. I plan on being at the house tomorrow. I might even bring him with."

"That would be cool. Nevaeh asks about him."

"Really? Put her on!"

I heard Kyra yelling my daughter's name and heard her little feet pattering towards the phone.

"Mommy?"

"Hey baby, I miss you!"

"Miss you too."

"What are you doing?"

"Playing with Auntie Kyra. Where's Marshall?"

"He's at work right now."

"I want you to bring him to our house again. I want to show him my new Barbie."

"I'm going to ask him to come home with me for a bit tomorrow. You be good for Auntie Kyra, ok? I'll see you soon. I love you honey."

"Love you too Mommy."

Marshall POV

"Yo, wadup man?"

"Wadup?" I dapped up with Fifty in a recording studio in Jamaica, Queens.

We spent the afternoon mixing beats and taking turns in the booth. I had not had a chance to work with Fifty since that night in LA the first time I recorded with Ray.

"Hey, I want you to hear something." I told Fifty as I played a fresh beat and rapped the first verse to it.

"That's tight."

"I'm gonna have RayLynn lay the hook for it. I was recording with her maybe a month ago and she can write a hook in, like, an hour."

"The girl is talented." Fifty agreed.

"She's awesome."

"Ima run across the street and get some fried chicken. You want some?"

"Yeah." I sat there by my lonesome waiting for Fifty to return. I picked up my phone to text Ray back at the hotel.