I Love You To Death

Figures
I gave you ride or die and you gave me games
Love figures
I know I'm cryin' 'cause you just won't change

Love figures
I gave it all and you gave me shit
Love figures
I wish I could do exactly what you did

I wish I could hurt you back
Love, what would you do if you couldn't get me back?
You're the one who's gonna lose
Something so special, something so real
Tell me boy, how in the fuck would you feel?
If you couldn't get me back
That's what I wish that I could do
To you, you
To you, you

Figures
I'm the bad guy 'cause I can't learn to trust
Love figures

You say sorry once and you think it's enough
I got a lineup of girls and a lineup of guys
Beggin' for me just to give 'em a try
Figures
I'm willin' to stay
'Cause I'm sick for your love

Wish I could hurt you back
Love, what would you do if you couldn't get me back?
You're the one who's gonna lose
Something so special, something so real
Tell me boy, how in the fuck would you feel?

Marshall POV

Ray's been writing songs about me. She sent me about half a dozen songs, and I listened to all of them at least three times each. My wish had been answered! She still thinks of me, she still loves me. Her songs about us are passionate, RayLynn is a deep chick. I loved all of them, but there was one that stuck out to me the most. I wanted to write to it and let Ray know that I still have feelings for her. She just made me so happy to contact me on my birthday and send me all these songs, I took out the pen and pad in enthusiasm.

RayLynn POV

Through all the excitement and festivities surrounding the new album, I was still mourning the loss of Marshall and I relationship. I wrote about it all the time and that's when I had the idea to record a few of the good ones and send them over on his birthday. I didn't know if he had forgotten about me or if he still thought about me the way I did him.

Hours had gone by since I sent the songs to him, but I hadn't heard anything, perhaps I should just leave him alone. It was late as I laid in bed hoping Marshall had a wonderful birthday without me and that all his wishes come true. I may have even shed a tear. I was almost asleep when my phone pinged with a text from Marshall.

M: Thank you. I still love you!!

I held the phone to my chest and giggled in giddiness. I wanted to call him up right at that moment, but he's the one who started this shit, let him come to me. One lesson I've learned in life...if a guy wants to be with you, he will make it happen. I fell asleep with a smile on my face that night.

Marshall POV

I texted Ray that I still loved her and hopefully that made her happy, but I had work to do. I wrote out some bars to put at the end of the song Coffin, recorded it, and mixed it with what RayLynn already had. It sounded perfect, so I sent it back to her. It was the middle of the night, so she probably would not get to take a listen until tomorrow. I went up to bed happy that my woman still had me in her heart.

Fuck that! I tossed and turned for a while but couldn't get to sleep. I had to make this better with Ray and not with a phone call. I had to see her right now! So, I did what any normal guy would do...I called my manager Paul.

"Marshall! What it's like three thirty in the morning bro. You may not believe this, but I do have a life!"

"I know Paul, sorry. This is important. I'm gonna pack a bag right now. I need a plane in an hour, I'm going to spend a few days in New York." I explained.