Rookie

6 months later

I can't believe I'm here! I'm seated close to the front of the stage, as is everyone who is nominated for awards tonight. LL Cool J is hosting, I've grown to him well as he's one of my boyfriend's closest friends. Kanye West is directly behind me, Kelly Clarkson diagonally in front of me. I saw Bruno Mars walk the red carpet earlier when I got here along with Beyonce and her sexy lowcut emerald, green dress. I wish I had the balls to wear something that seductive. I am just wearing a gold evening gown, not overly exciting yet still sexy. I wore my dark hair curly with simple makeup and big earrings.

"When are they announcing album of the year?" I whispered to Marshall as he sat alongside me, his hand in mine. He wasn't nominated for anything this year but came as my date.

"I think soon. It's going to be announced right after Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z perform."

I'm not nervous. I never get nervous, I'm more excited! Macy's death shook me to the core, but once again I gained the strength to carry on and push through. The times in my life that have been my darkest moments have also birthed my greatest masterpieces. I'm currently working on another album due out this summer. My mother will be released from prison this summer as well. It's scary, but I'll deal with it as it comes. Marshall just signed onto a ten-date tour in Europe again this summer and he's going to bring me and our children. It will be our first real family vacation. I think Macy's death has made our relationship even stronger. Marshall has had my back since day one.

I suddenly realized my moment had arrived. They were about to announce Album of the Year of 2013.   Anxiety came over me. I'm fine with not winning, I mean I'm probably not going to win. It would be cool though if I could take home a Grammy after having a baby with Marshall Mathers a mere seven months ago.

"And the winner is..."

I held my breath and focused my eyes to the ground.

"Raylynn Knight!"

Holy shit! That's me! I stood up smiling and hugged Marshall.

"Congratulations Rookie." He whispered in my ear.

I walked up onto the stage and thanked my family, my production team, and my fans. I also gave a special thank you to Marshall.  Later in the evening I performed Girl On Fire and I felt amazing.

After the show concluded, Marshall and I found our way to the same hotel we stayed at when we first started our relationship. We were even lucky enough to secure the same suite. There was an atmosphere of romance with candles and sparkling cider, much like before. I stood at the gigantic windows to look on to the majestic skyscrapers encircling us in the night sky.

Marshall stepped to me. He's so handsome, his blue eyes sparkled from the flames of the fireplace glow. His eyes connected with mine; his attention totally focused on me. He struck me as loving as he gave me a small smile.

"How you doin?" He asked me quietly.

"Good. I just had a baby seven months ago and today I win a Grammy!" I was happy, thrilled, in awe. All of the above.

"Oh yeah? So, will you marry me?" Marshall surprised me as he slowly got on bended knee.

I couldn't believe this was happening.

"Of course, baby. Yes! Of course, I'll marry you!"

"Good." He stood up to kiss me. "I love you so much Ray. Since the first moment I met you, I've loved you."

I feel special when Marshall speaks to me like this. He's so strong. So confident.

"I love it!" I exclaimed as he placed the ring on my finger. We both examined the sparkly jewel on my hand before melting into an ocean of kisses.

He laid me down on the bed to caress me and hold my body against his.

"Baby, I'm so lucky." His voice was gentle to me. "I just got engaged to the woman who has the Record of the Year."

"I'm pretty lucky too." I giggled. "I'm gonna marry Eminem."

"We're already like married. We've lived together for over a year, we have kids." He told me.

"How long have you had this ring?" I asked examining my ring finger once more.

"Oh, a while."

"How long?" I insisted with an intrigued smile.

"Right before we did the interview with Sway." Marshall said bashfully and I looked on in disbelief. "I've held this ring in my pocket everyday for over a year."

"Aww, baby." I hugged him against me laughing into his ear. "You're such a rookie." I whispered and we both laughed so hard we became breathless.

We made the night beautiful through the shimmering candlelight and crackling fire with luscious kisses and passionate gasps of pleasure. This is not how I imagined my special celebration night ending. It was more amazing than my wildest dreams!