67

"Come with me Britt. You can still do online school, and I can just use my savings for a place until we get settled." His eyes lit up with hope as mine became glassy.

"I .. I can't Riley. I have a house, responsibilities, I can't just leave." I said setting my fork down.

"Why not, the house will be fine, my parents can keep an eye on it."

"It's not that simple Riley, my doctor is here." I blurted out without thinking.

"Why would that matter? Britt you need to tell me what's going on." He spoke gently sensing that I was on the verge of crying.

"Am I interrupting?" A familiar voice called out.

I looked away from Riley and the floodgates opened.

"Ava!!!" I cried standing up and hugging her tightly.

"Surprise?" She said hugging me back, "crap Britt what's going on?"

"Why don't you take Britt to freshen up, I'll keep Riley company." Bretts voice came from behind her before she dragged me to the bathroom.

"Okay spill." She said folding her arms over her chest after checking that we were alone. "I know this isn't all just about him leaving because you told him to go."

"I sat down on the bathroom floor, not caring if it was unsanitary and she sat beside me.

"I'm pregnant." I whispered.

"What?" She said.

"I'm pregnant.."

"No I heard you, I just.. wow! Wait you haven't told him have you?"

"I tried, I just.. he's excited to go, I can't ruin that. If I tell him he's going to want to stay and I can't be the reason he gives all that up. Ava you're the only person except Averleigh that knows, you can't say anything"

"I won't, but you need too. He deserves to have a chance to be in the kids life, in your life. Riley's grown, we're not kids anymore and he can make his own decisions."

"I know, but what if he hates me." I pouted.

"Riley would never hate you, just tell him." She rested her head on my shoulder and sighed, "I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt, jeez Britt you're going to be a mom!"
I laughed a little as she hugged me close to her. "We should really get back, we just came to surprise you both, didn't mean to interrupt."

"It's fine, dinner was taking an awkward turn." I stated.

"Well anyway, we should still get back before the guys bust into the womens bathroom." She motioned for us to get up.

After my face was less puffy, I walked with Ava back to the table where our food had already been boxed up. I guess Riley was ready to end dinner too.

"So Britt," Brett grinned throwing his arm over my shoulder, "looks like you have house guests tonight. Riley didn't tell me tonight was..."

Riley coughed "let's go before the waiter has our heads for taking too long!"

No one argued at that and we all left. Me and Ava walked in front while Riley and Brett followed behind us. We walked through the park and over the suspension bridge where we all took pictures together, the tension from dinner all but forgotten for now.

"So how are the dorms?" I asked her.

"They're okay, it's weird being away from home, but Brett is actually coming to the same school when he leaves this weekend so at least I'll know someone." She grinned.