51

The final dance of the night was as perfect as I had dreamed it would be. We took pictures under the balloon arch with our friends and each other, slow danced to some of the sweetest songs, and kissed — a lot.

Everyone was smiling when the night came to an end, hugging and smiling. Some had left earlier in the evening like Gabe and Jessica, while the rest of us waited until the main lights were turned back on before we sat our goodbyes and left.

"You wanna know something?" Riley whispered in my ear. "I can't wait to keep waking up with you."

"Me either!" I smiled looping my hands into the back of his hair as we stood by the fountain.

I leaned up and captured his lips with mine. One of his hands cupped my face while the other steadied me around the waist. I felt my heart flutter as every pore on my body came alive with gratitude and need for the guy in front of me.

There was so much to be grateful for when it came to him. His heart and how he always looked out for everyone around him, the gentleness of his touch that had brought me out of some of the darkest moments of my life, the way he always knew just how to calm me or reassure me, and finally that out of all the girls he could have in the school he chose me.

Of course these were just the main reasons I was grateful for him. There was really too many to mention without sounding like a record on repeat.

"Can we go home?" I asked him brushing my thumb across his cheek. He was just about to reply when Kyle cut us off.

"Are you guys coming to the after party at Bretts?" He asked looking between us as Sierra swayed slightly.

"There's alcohol!" She grinned.

"We were actually about to head home." Riley shrugged.

"Yeah I'm tired and my feet hurt." I added desperately hoping that we wouldn't have to go.

"Aww come on!" Kyle whined "it's the last big get together before graduation!"

"Please!" Sierra joined in trying to puppy eye Riley who just shrugged and looked at me.

"It's up to you?"

I felt their eyes move to me as Riley waited for my answer "fine" I sighed rolling my eyes "but we're not staying long, I really am tired."

I pushed past the crowd inside the house, making my way to Bretts spare room. Turns out that not staying long meant staying way too long. It had been over three hours since we got here and now there was no point in even going home since the sun would be up in an hour.

I knocked quietly on the door to the spare room before opening it slowly. Thankfully no one else was in here as I passed across the room and laid myself under the comforter. It wasn't exactly quiet but it was much better than the noise from downstairs.

I hadn't noticed that I had fallen to sleep until I felt Riley's arms wrap around me. I shuffled backwards into him and entwined our fingers together on my stomach.

"I knew you were hiding somewhere." He breathed on the back of my neck.

"Mhmm ...I said I was tired." I mumbled.

"Are you still tired?" He whispered in my ear as one hand traced lower down my stomach. I had forgotten that I was in nothing but my underwear until his hand brushed down my body stroking the area just above my panties.

"Mhmm" I replied grabbing his hand with mine and lacing our fingers together. "All the socializing and walking in heels killed me."

He let out a quiet laugh as he snuggled closer and rested his chin on my shoulder. "I love you Britt."