49

Warning - contains sexual assault.

Later that night I was sitting on the couch when Allie and Luke came rushing down the stairs. She was crying and clutching her belly. She still had a month until her due date but there was no mistaking the fear in both of their eyes.

"Britt we have to get to the hospital, are you okay on your own till Riley gets back? " Luke asked as Allie clutched to his arm.

"I'll be fine, just go!" I said with urgency, rushing them out of the door. Once they were gone I looked at the clock, only two hours until Riley came back, I should be fine.

I sent him a text anyway just to let him know that Allie and Luke had to leave, then I went upstairs to my room and sat on my bed.

I had turned on the TV to some crime documentary when my stomach rumbled. I went downstairs and grabbed some food from the fridge and set it on a plate when the lights flickered.

I wasn't exactly ecstatic to be on my own, especially since the sun was starting to set. I reminded myself that it was probably just a surge and went back up to my room, closing the door behind me.

It was light enough to see, but dark enough outside that without the lights on everything was very dim. My bedside lamp was on and flickering as I continued to watch the documentary on missing women and how they were found years later.

It was pretty interesting and edgy. Especially the way they explained all the ways forensics helped catch the killers. It was just as they were about to identify the killer when the power went out, followed by a loud crashing noise.

I tried to calm my nerves and tip toed to my door to lock it as I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Once it was locked I went into the bathroom and locked that door too, hiding between the wall and shower. I pulled out my phone and called Riley multiple times.

Of course he wouldn't answer he was at the gym, but that wasn't what scared me, it was the voice I heard through the doors calling my name. The voice that continued to haunt me everyday at school.

"Britt, I told you I would get what I wanted!"

I pushed the overwhelming feeling to give up to the back of my mind and called 911 on my phone.

"9-11 what's you're emergency?"

"Someone's in my house? I'm by myself and he's trying to break into my bedroom!" I said frantically, hoping they were tracking the call.

"What's your address?" She asked.

"Shit I think he just broke the door! Please send help!" I whispered setting my phone in between some towels. Then I grabbed a can of deodorant from the counter and waited. This time I would fight back.

"Come on Britt, aren't you tired of always running away from me?" His voice echoed, "just give in so we can stop playing these cat and mouse games!"

That's when something hit the bathroom door hard. I stood armed with the deodorant when the door came flying open and I screamed and sprayed.

"You bitch!" Carl yelled as he grabbed me and I struggled against him. I felt something stab my thigh and looked down to see a needle sticking out of it. Not long after my body felt numb.

"That's it, just relax!" He said in a low voice, dragging me to my bed.

"No." I protested, my voice barely a whisper.

I wanted to fight, but my body wouldn't move. Whatever drug he had put in my body was making it impossible to move, almost as if I was paralyzed.

"You can't fight me Britt." He smirked as he started peeling off my clothes and climbed on top of me.