Part 27~Little Elijah

Sighing, Harry opened his eyes. He did not know where he was. Pushing himself off the pavement, he rubbed his arms. Rain dropped down from the sky, soaking through Harry's clothes.

Looking around, Harry spotted Snape walking through the rain with a magic created umbrella. You had to be kidding! Jumping up, Harry charged after the professor. "Snape! Snape! Stop ignoring me!" Harry jumped in front of Snape but the professor simply passed through him. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me."

Elijah stormed down the corridors, charging into the hall of prophecy. Luna leant over Harry, trying to wake him up. The orb glowed in his hand as Ron reached out to touch it.

"Wait! Don't touch it!" Pulling Ron away, Elijah observed the orb. "Luna, what happened?"

"I don't know. Harry touched the orb and started screaming. He collapsed and now I can't wake him up!"

Hermione knelt beside Luna, pulling her away and trying to calm her down. "This doesn't make sense. I've read about prophecy, they can only be picked up by the person they are named after. Harry shouldn't be able to pick it up."

Luna's eyes widened. "That's why Morning Star brought him here! He was the backup plan in case Elijah didn't take the bait!"

Elijah looked up, confusion written on his face. "What do you mean? How is he able to pick up my prophecy?"

Shaking her head, Luna stood up. "We need to get out of here!"

"I warned you before that one day you would come to a sticky end, Snape." Spinning around, Elijah drew his wand, pointing it at the man in the shadows. His scars stood out in the blue flames, the neat brown hair matching his suit.

The group spun around as two more Agents of the Light appeared in the darkness. Elijah jumped up, a murderous look on his face. "Where's Sirius?"

Remus laughed with the death eaters. "We don't have him if that's what you mean."

Elijah looked stunned as he lowered his head. "You never did, did you? It was all just a trick like Harry said."

Remus rolled his eyes. "The Light Lord knows your weakness, Snape. all it took was a little nudge to get you here." Remus reached out his hand, palm up. "Now, take the prophecy from your friend and give it here."

Elijah hesitated as he took the orb from Harry's hand. He turned around, pointing his wand at Remus. "Come and get it!"

"Really, Snape. You expect to defeat all of us with your little school friends? Now hand it over, and they won't have to die here."

"Hurry up Remus, I haven't broken out of Azkaban for this." Stepping out of the darkness, the Agent of the Light chuckled insanely, pulling down their hood.

"Dad..."

Stopping, Snape unlocked the door. Harry watched him with interest. This Snape seemed younger and despite the rain, cleaner. Snape pushed open the door, drying himself the second he got inside. "Honey, I'm home!"

Harry looked around the corridor. The place wasn't as dark as he had always expected.

"Welcome back, sweetie." Harry stumbled back as Lily ran in, giving Snape a kiss as she grabbed his hand. "You have to see this."

Even though Harry had spent Christmas with both of them, this was still weird and slightly disturbing. Lily led Snape into a pale blue room, rushing over to the play mat. Colourful toys were thrown around a small boy with ginger hair.

"Come on, baby. I want you to do it again."

Baby Elijah gently stood up, stumbling forward. Snape smiled as he knelt down and opened his arms. Elijah garbled as he stepped forward. "Dada!" The small child fell into Snape's arms as the potion master picked him up, praising him proudly.

As much as Harry hated this, this was the most adorable thing he had ever seen in his life. Snape sat on the floor, playing with Lily and little Elijah. There wasn't much point in Harry trying to interact with any of them so he sat in the corner, wondering why he was brought here.

It was clear this was Elijah's family, but there was little point in Harry observing them.

Harry was roused from his thoughts when Snape left. Watching Lily playing with Elijah hurt a little. This could have been his childhood.

Bang!

Jumping up, Harry spun around as Lily chuckled. She walked over to the window, pulling it open as the owl hopped up and gave her the letter.

Lily sighed as she skimmed through the letter. "Oh, dear. I'm sorry Eli, Alice and Neville aren't coming tonight." Kneeling down in front of her son, she smiled. "Guess we'll just have to celebrate Halloween without them. At least Draco can still come."

Harry's eyes widened as he looked around for a calendar. It was Halloween. This was the night his parents died.

Lily picked up Elijah, taking him into the dining room. Snape plated up the food as they ate. This was too weird.

Boom!

Snape was up in a second, drawing his wand. He pushed open the door, gasping as he spotted Peter Pettigrew strolling through the corridor. "Lily, get Elijah and go."

Lily cautiously picked up Elijah as she shook her head. "I'm not leaving you!"

"Lily, go! I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to either of you. I promise you, I'll see you tomorrow." Snape pushed Lily towards the window. She looked back as she unlocked the glass plane and pulled it open.

"That was a mistake, Lily."

Lily gasped as she jumped back. Morning Star chuckled as he climbed through the window, his wand pointing at Lily. Peter walked through the door, pointing his wand at Snape.

"Get out! We won't let you hurt our family." Snape pulled Lily closer as she buried Elijah in the centre.

"Oh, come now, Severus. My young boy, you don't know what you are doing. Hand over Elijah and I'll let you go." Morning Star smirked as Elijah cried out in fear.

"No! Stay dada!" Little Elijah clung onto his dad's robes as Morning Star growled darkly.

"Give him here, Severus!"

Snape narrowed his eyes. "Over my dead body."

Morning Star smirked. "That can be arranged." Morning Star lifted his wand up as a scream came from the corridor. "Avada Kedavra!"

Harry felt his throat drying as he watched the body fall to the ground. Detroit crying echoed out from Elijah. Snape looked around him, not understanding how he had been thrown to the floor. He felt Lily moving from behind him. She was safe.

Narcissa gasped as she entered the room, spotting her husband dead on the floor. Morning Star growled as he spun his wand out, stunning Narcissa and throwing her into the wall. He wasn't playing any more games as he levitated Elijah away from his parents. Elijah sobbed as Morning Star held him.

"This is over! Avada Kedavra!"

Lily and Snape screamed in horror as the vial green spell hit their son. Before Lily or Snape could do anything, Morning Star screamed. The light around their son grew, encasing all the room.

Harry shielded his eyes as Morning Star was killed. Lily looked around, letting out a relieved sigh as she ran over, picking up her son who clung to her.

Snape hugged them both before turning around and checking Narcissa. She was bleeding and her heartbeat was weak but she was still alive.

"Hey, can someone please tell me why Draco has been left out-" Regulus couldn't finish his question when Peter pushed past him. "Lucious!" Regulus ran to Lucious's side, pressing his fingers against Lucious's neck.

"Daddy!" Draco squirmed as Regulus spun, shielding the child from the sight. "Mummy! Daddy!"

Harry could feel the images disappearing as he fell from the world.

Sitting up, Harry's eyes widened. "Dad..."