Chapter 5 - Race Car

Start from the beginning

"Don't want you tense. By the way, I didn't mean to spring this on you."

"Thank you very much." She nods.

"Green is not your best colour."

"That's a lie." I smile at Pepper.

"Anthony. Y/N. Is that you?" Justin Hammer appears.

"My least favourite person on Earth." Tony whispers to us.

"Hey, pal."

"Justin Hammer." Tony nods.

"How you doing? You're not the only rich guy here with a fancy car. Y/N! So glad to see your safe....You know Christine Everhart from Vanity Fair. You guys know each other?"

"Hi. Yes." She smiles.

"Yes." Pepper nods.

Tony nods, "Yes, roughly.

"Y/N I'm so glad your home and safe!" Christine gives me a fake smile.

"Oh I'm sure you are." I roll my eyes.

"BTW, big story. The new CEO of Stark Industries." Justin says.
"Congratulations."

"My editor will kill me if I don't grab a quote for our Powerful Women issue."

"Oh." Pepper looks surprised

"Can I?" Christine asks.

Pepper smiles, "Sure."

"She's actually doing a big spread on me for Vanity Fair. I thought I'd throw her a bone, you know. Right?"

"Right. Well, she did quite a spread on Tony last year." Pepper laughs.

"And she wrote a story as well." Tony nods.

"It was very impressive."

"That was good." Tony says.

"Thank you."

"I'm gonna go wash. Y/N?" Pepper turned to me.

"Of course." I smile.

"Don't leave me." Tony whispers.

I walk to the bathroom and place my purse on the counter, fixing my makeup. "Are you okay?"

She looks away, "All good!" She smiles.

"I can knock her on her ass if you want?"

"No..I'm fine." She laughs. "Let's go." She sighs and opens the door.

I follow her out, as we head to our table Christine stops me. "I'd love to get a quote from you also. I'd like to know how your adjusting back to being home."

"Listen Spray Tan....I don't want to do a quote. So why don't you waddle back over to little Justin and do a....spread about him." I point. "Bye now." I smile and walk past her, sitting by Pepper.

"I got you some juice." She smiles

"Great...cause I'm five."

"You know you love it still." She chuckles

I look away, knowing she's right.

"Where is Tony?" She asks, looking around.

I look up at the TV, my whole body tenses up as I see him. I slowly point, "Uh....Pepper?"

"What-Oh my god!" She starts to freak out. "Natalie. Natalie!"

"Yes, Ms Potts?"

"What do you know about this?" Pepper points to the TV.

"This is the first that I have known of it."

"This, this cannot happen." Pepper shakes her head.

"Absolutely. I understand. How can I help you?"

"Where's Happy?" I ask.

"He's waiting outside."

"Okay, get him. I need Happy." Pepper takes a deep breath.

"Right away."

Suddenly a man walks out onto the track, there was something on his chest, burning the top part of his clothes. "Oh my god!" I whisper as he cuts part of a race car with this rope.

We start to run towards the door, noticing Happy holding of a briefcase. "Go! Go!" Pepper says as she hurries into the he car. I sit in the front seat as we drive off.

"Hang on!" Happy yells as we crash through the barrier to the race, driving the opposite way of the race cars.

"Give me the case!" Pepper yells.

"Here, take it." Happy tosses it back.

"Where's the key?"

"It's in my pocket." He tries to reach for it.

"Car!" I yell.

Suddenly Happy runs into the man, pushing him to the fence.
"Are you okay?" Happy yells.

"Yeah....Were you heading for me or him?" Tony asks as Pepper freaks out in the back.

"I was trying to scare him." Happy yells.

"Cause I can't tell!"

"Are you out of your mind?" Pepper screams.

"Better security."

"Get in the car right now!" I scream.

"I was attacked. We need better security!" Tony yells as he does to the other side, "Oh my god!"

"You're CEO. Better security measures. God, it's embarrassing." As Tony opens the door, the man slices the door. Happy pulls back and keeps hitting him.

"I got him!"

"God. God!" Pepper screams as the man keeps slicing at the car.

"Give me the case! Please! Come on!" Pepper throws the case, Tony stand on it and it turns into the Iron Man Suit.

I watch as Tony kicks our car out of the way, "I should help!"

"God no! No powers!" Pepper yells.

I look back to see the man slicing at Tony, he throws him back and forth. Tony wraps himself in the mans electric whips and throws him down, taking the machine off his chest.

"Idiot."