𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Start from the beginning

"That sounds cool."

The second bell rang, signalling that they were late. Most of the corridor had already cleared out.

"Ugh. I have English now," Ned groaned as he hurried his steps, slouching with his backpack.

"We've both got free period."

"See ya fifth," Peter shouted after him.

The two walked a few steps before looking at each other.

"Library?" Peter asked.

"Library."

Edward flicked through the pages of his physics textbook, relishing in the first moment of quiet he'd had all day. Friday and woken him with loud music, as per Tony's request and Happy insisted upon playing the radio in the car, and classes were never going to be silent.

Eddy's fit in with the work as well as he had with his new friends. It was hard in a different way than it used to be when he worked with Howard. Back then, there were few resources to go from, but here in the present, there was so much information that it could be difficult to thumb through and remember. He loved it though- and he'd stuck to his promise to learn about everything in Tony's lab, which had also helped with school.

As he flicked to the section in dynamics. Peter lifted his head from his own book to look at him. After a moment, with flushed cheeks, Eddy glanced up.

"So where are you from?" Peter asked, clearing his throat awkwardly. "In England, I mean. I know you're from England from the accent and everything and from the fact you told us yesterday."

"I'm from Hampshire, if that means anything to you."

Peter shook his head. "Sorry. Do you miss it?"

Eddy shrugged his shoulders. A little truth in a lie was healthy. "Sometimes. My sister is still there, studying biology at Oxford. But my dad needed the job here, and my mum's always loved the idea of moving around."

"Will you visit your sister?"

"As soon as I can," he said quickly, ensuring his voice didn't break. If only he could visit his sister. It was more difficult than flying overseas. "I'm just glad he moved us somewhere where I could still have a life, you know? I was worried, actually, before my first day."

Peter's brows furrowed. "What about?"

"Fitting in," Eddy said truthfully. "But then me, being the bloody idiot I am, wore a smart jacket when everyone wears jeans."

"Shhhhh," the librarian hissed as Peter laughed.

"In my old school, we would have been sent home for wearing casual clothes."

"Well, if it's any comfort, I like your blazers," Peter said.

Eddy's eyes snapped toward the table awkwardly as he felt the heat rise in his cheeks.

"Thanks," he mumbled, confused by his own reaction. He hurried to change the subject. "So what's this about you interning for Tony Stark?"

"Oh, yeah I do," he said, reaching to scratch the back of his head, attempting to act humble. But Edward could see house proud he was. "I dunno. I just kind of shadow him sometimes. He likes to use me as a bit of a secretary too."

"That sounds like him," Eddy said, before adding quickly, "-from what I've seen on the TV."

"Yeah. He can be demanding, but it's always for a reason," Peter said before laughing at something he thought of. "I took him coffee once. Have it to him only to find out it was cold and it wasn't even coffee."

"What was it?"

"I don't know but whatever it was tasted like dish soap," he said, the threw his arms out in exaggeration. "So basically I made Tony Stark drink washing up liquid."

"How have you still got the internship after that?" Eddy joked.

"I don't know! I really don't know."

Another hiss rang out across the library. "Shhhhhhh!"

"Ah, Penis Parker! How'd daddy's day with Iron Man go? Did he put you in daycare?" Flash's voice shouted from across the room. Peter slumped down onto his book, face falling from a smile into visible annoyance.

"Just ignore him."

"Why?"

"He does it all the time. It's better just to show him it doesn't get to you," Peter said, rolling his eyes.

"But it does."

He shrugged. "It's flash, no one listens to him."

Eddy glanced behind Peter to see Flash leaning back against his chair, a comic book in his hands. He was smirking obviously, glancing over every few seconds. Swiftly, Eddy moved to get out of his chair.

"Ed. No- Ed!" Peter lunged to grab Eddy by the wrist, pulling him back into his chair.

"This your boyfriend?" Flash quipped, his delivery poor but meaning still the same.

Eddy scowled, brow darkening as he tilted his head. "That's it. Let me talk to him."

Peter stood quickly as Eddy went to live toward flash. Grabbing both of their books and slinging both of their empty bags over his shoulder, he put an arm around Eddy, steering him toward the library door, away from Flash and away from the angry librarian. 

"No, no, no, no. Why don't we go find MJ."

☀︎︎

Just a quick little one before the next chapter x
Also sorry if the quality isn't as good as normal, I did this on my phone x