Let's See How This Goes

Start from the beginning

1:37

And everything happens.

Startling everyone, the club doors fly open and a force of dozens of people holding guns stomp inside. They're clad in helmets and bullet proof vests, and they're definitely not nice. Obviously that detective got his boss to listen to him.

People start to panic and run in all directions, stumbling over each other in their drunken stupor, only out for themselves. Yelling for Hel to get herself and the other girls to the back, I jump over the bar and run so fast to Marv's office that i'm practically flying. I knock someone over but keep going.

"It's happening," I exhale quickly when I reach Marv's office. Screams of fear and shouts of authority drift to us.

Marv stands up quickly, panic etched into her features. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. What if we can't get away?" She starts pacing her office and holding herself. "What if something goes wrong? Shit. I should have done as Kit said."

I watch Marv pace back and forth and listen to what's happening outside. Cuffs close around people's wrists and the panicked breaths of numerous people make me shift my weight. Eventually, the cops will head upstairs. It's only a matter of moments. "We can still go out the back," I tell Marv to try and soothe her. I don't want here. Not at all.

She snaps her head up and nods vigorously. "Yeah. Yeah. Good, let's do that." She starts for the back door, shoving her desk chair out of the way. It falls to the floor as she kicks it further to open the secret exit door.

I step over the chair as Marv snaps her fingers for me and follow obediently, closing the small door behind us. The air is musty and makes me sneeze, but Marv doesn't seem to mind it. She's focusing on not tripping in the dark. I gently take her hand in mind amd she squeezes it, thanking me softly as we descend. We walk slowly the down the small stairs, Marv only tripping once, and make our way to the alley behind the club. The sudden light makes me blink and I bring Marv closer to me, hearing someone nearby. More than one someone. Growling, I bring the attention of four cops who were clearly told to watch the alleyway for anyone trying to run. They come to attention and point their guns at Marv and I.

"Hands up!" one of the four yells. He shifts his feet and frowns when he sees my collar and chain. It's that kind of easily distracted mentality that I'm looking for.

Marv puts up her hands slowly and makes herself appear meek and submissive. "Get me out of this," she whispers over her shoulder at me, showing her true dominant nature.

Shifting my feet discreetly, I put my hands in the air. The cops come closer for an arrest, but I don't let them get that far. I slap their guns away before doing any real damage, not wanting any bullets to fly. Using their surprise against them, I viciously attack the four so fast that they can barely register what's happening. I feel glorious in this moment and can't help but to laugh. My fingers cleanly pierce their vests and red paints my skin beautifully. Soft screams echo through the alley, helmets falling away and blood dripping to the floor. God, it feels good to hear the sounds of well executed violence.

"Hurry up," Marv hisses at me, bringing me down from my high.

I drop the person I'm holding and jog over to Marv to grab her hand and start to run for the end of the alley. She curses about the blood I get on her but she doesn't tell me to let her go. Moonlight illuminates us a we make our way onto the street, the scent of blood, oil, and gravel surrounding us. Black vans are haphazardly parked all over the place and I silently wished that we had went the other way. There's more cops out here, and as soon as they see us, they aim their guns in our direction.