Chapter 8

Three months disappear from Marcella's life in a flash whilst spending every waking second with Elias. This caused a natural rift between Marcy, her brother and Leo as they all departed to move onto their own future. However, the physical distance didn't prevent their unconditional protection and worry which Eric held tightly knowing that his sister was with Elias.

The thought of Elias' kind and perfect nature didn't sit right with the young Prince as he scorns to himself whenever the devilish angel is lurking around Marcy. Confliction of emotion and intuition slowly decays Eric's mental state, pushing away all forms of help from Leo and Esther. In desperate times Eric only sought comfort from his sister, even from a young age.

Shaded shadows hang under his tired eyes and knots tangle up his now coarse hair as he trudges out from his study. Heavy footsteps echo on the hard floor gaining side eyes from passing maids and guards.

"Your Highness" A warm voice calls out making Eric slowly halt in his step.

"Yes?" He replies groggily as if he has not tasted a drop of water in a land of drought.

Esther's eyes grow wide as she observes Eric's scruffy appearance before returning to her train of thought, "I suggest you clean up first" Her speech holding high authority which carries a caring undertone.

The Prince obediently went to his room, just as he always did at the request of anyone, finding it difficult to gain the strength to open his own door. Shoulders slumped; he takes a deep breath as he sees a small hand come from his side twisting the door open.

"Esther told me you were here" Marcy spritely chimes as her smile reaches her eyes making them crease into crescent moons.

"Is Prince Elias still here?" Eric asks with fake excitement.

"Yes"

His face subtly drops upon hearing that Elias is still present along with his heart watching his sister's smile only grow bigger at the subject of his question. 'Maybe he is actually good for her' Eric deliberates brushing his negative thoughts under the rug.

"Go clean up and meet me in the garden" Marcy sings ruffling her younger brother's hair before skipping off.

It is only until Eric sees himself through the misty reflection does he truly realise the severity his neglecting hygiene has left him with. His round rosy cheeks are drained and hollow whilst his eyes are dragged down his face. Tugging on his dry skin he leaves his bathroom with one towel wrapped around his waist and another slinged around his neck collecting the water dripping from his damp hair.

"What are you doing here?" Eric says unbothered.

"Um-er- Marcy wanted me to tell you to hurry up" Leo answers slightly flustered.

"Why did she ask you?"

"She said that Elias wanted to invite everyone in the garden"

Eric creases his forehead as he buttons up his white shirt and gives one last shake of his wet strands in Leo's direction. He jumps out the way just before the water could splash onto him making Eric chuckle at his delicate movements.

"Elias invited us to our own garden?" Eric remarks rather bitterly as he places on his shoes.

"Do you still not like him?"

"It's not that I don't like him, he just seems too perfect," They both think with heavy confusion over Eric's choice of words before deciding to shake it off, "let's just go"