Chapter 7

Ambrose quickly shrinks under the call of Prince Elias into a small shrimp amidst the vast ocean of the Prince's presence. Still hidden behind the broad structure, Marcella stares in shock at how Ambrose immediately dropped to his knees with pleading eyes.

"My deepest apologies, Your Highness, there must have been some misunderstanding please pardon me" Ambrose cries desperately.

"A misunderstanding?" Marcella scoffs to herself as Ambrose nods his head rapidly, "From what I observed you made the Princess very uncomfortable and held her in your restraints"

"I-No never!" Ambrose scrambles over his words.

"You better leave before I alert the King of Elysianair of your behaviour" Elias scolds watching the younger scurry away.

"I would have beaten him up anyway" Marcella whispers to herself not expecting the Prince to hear her silent remarks.

"Are you alright, Princess?" He asks kindly.

"Yes, thank you for coming to my assistance" Marcella announces in apparent sincerity as she curtseys in gratitude.

"Prince Elias" He says bowing respectfully as he kisses the back of the Princess' hand.

"Princess Marcella"

"Shall we return inside? A young princess like yourself should not be alone by themselves" Marcella simply nods feeling a chill run up her arms, catching the Prince stealing glances at her on their way back inside the warm ballroom.

Upon arrival the room falls still as all the guest's eyes follow the two figures emerging from the back door. Lost in their own chatter, the two royals neglect to notice the lingering sights as they guide themselves to the middle of the room.

The lights seem to dim around them as the music begins to slow down and a large circle crowds around the Prince and Princess. Hesitant at first, Marcella attempts to leave by reflex before returning to the reality of her situation.

"Why do they have to stare at me?" Marcy mumbles as nerves begin to attack her comfort.

"Because the Princess is so beautiful" Elias whispers back shyly as he tries to hide his smile.

Marcy hurriedly takes the lead to conceal her growing blush taking the Prince by surprise but gladly follows the steps of the Princess. Soon enough, more people join the floor as feet walk on every tile and fabric flows into every empty space. Nevertheless, everyone's eyes still manage to stay fixated on the graceful figures floating in the centre of it all.

Even through the blurry sea of gowns and suits, Elias and Marcella are always in focus giggling away and whispering to each other, melting the hearts of the young Princess' parents, and breaking those of prospective suitors.

Fading smoothly, the beat began to become livelier as the night grew darker, yet Marcella's smile gleamed the room and off the crystal glass. Elias was amused by the Princess' energy and spirit watching her spin around the ballroom in time to the music. Dance partners swapped at each beat, every prince and noble waiting for their turn to dance with the Princess no matter how short their encounter may be. However, Marcella was only waiting for one partner to dance with.

Prince Elias.

Spotting Ambrose in the distance as her next partner, Marcy swiftly excused herself to drag Leo and Eric despite their humorous attempts to avoid stepping foot in the customary dance. Mandatory for Marcy and Eric to learn, they would often drag Leo to help and assess the steps with who quickly picked up the dance himself.