Part 53: The Prom Pt. 1

"Come on, you gotta come!" Matt told me, as I kept on refusing his offer to go to the prom.

"No, he could be there. And I don't even want to see him with another man"

"But you can't avoid him forever!"

"Actually I will. When I go to the USC I will never see him again."

"Ok, but, please, come to the prom. You have been dreaming about it all life long."

"Fine!"

"Yeah. I won!" Matt exclaimed.

"But just to sing!"

"What? Yeah, they asked me to sing something at the end. Something dedicated to the lovers. Then I will go home!"

"Okay, whatever. But who asked you that?"

"Gabe! He is our student president, after all!"

"Right, I still wonder why I voted for him!"

"He's a good guy, after all!"

"Yeah, expect when he asks you to perform live at prom."
We both laughed.

"I couldn't tell him no. He knew the truth about me and Connor and he is still keeping it secret."

"Can you stop thinking about him?" Matt asked me.

"I am done. I am not thinking about him."

"You lying!"

I didn't care much about him. I was pissed at him. Of course I couldn't stop thinking about Connor. I still loved him, after all and I would have died to hold him in my arms at the prom.

Days passed and prom was always nearer. I had already decided the songs I would have sung at the prom. The only thing I needed to do was finding an outfit, which was pretty stressful to be honest. Matt and I went shopping in downtown.
I stopped at a small shop, which seemed not so expensive and sold really nice-looking models.

"Can I help you?" A familiar voice asked me at my back.

I turned around and I was actually surprised to see Paul.

[He is Paul, if you don't remember. His real name is Luciano Spinelli, an Italian influencer. In this story Paul is a French boy, friend to Connor, who tried to have sex with Carson at a party]

"Hey..." I replied surprised. Then I added: "I didn't know you work here!"

"Actually, this is my parents' shop. Handmade in France. Everything you see here."

"Oh, now I see. By the way, I think I need your help. I am looking something for the prom."

"I imagined that. Follow me! The things you are looking at right now are not of your size!"

I followed him up to a small room. I was astonished by what I saw. There were clothes racks on two walls of the room and marvellous clothes hanging from them. Behind me, that is to say on the wall where the entrance was, there were two French-styled wardrobes and I still didn't know what was inside.
In front of me, a small catwalk, which extend from a fitting room up to the middle of the room. Opposite the catwalk a white leather couch with two pastel pillow on it. The curtain which divided the fitting room from the runaway was of the same pastel hue. The flooring was made of dark timber and the lights gave to this little space something magic.

"Wow, you have a catwalk in your shop!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I wanted to build it, because it's something unique other shops don't have. We usually use it with special clients, but today, since you're my friend, I will make an exception."

"Oh, I don't know if I want to..."

"You have to. Go to the fitting room. It's at the end of the catwalk. I'll bring you some suits to try."

I did as I was instructed. The fitting room was really small, to be honest. It hardly fit one person. There was a stool there and I waited for Paul to pick up my clothes. He came two or three minutes later, with some stylish pieces. They all looked fabulous.

"Try them and pick your favourite. I'll be waiting outside."

I put on the first suit. It was a classic fit suit, dark gray, and the paired shirt was of a lighter hue, almost white. I came out of the fitting room and ran on the catwalk.
Paul was sitting on the sofa and admired me.

"What you think?" He asked me.

"Ehm, I don't really think this is my style. I mean the suit is beautiful, but it's not really me."

"Agree. Okay, next one."

The next one was a tuxedo, black, with a smooth shawl lapel. Pants were very slim and it fitted perfectly. The shirt was of a pure white and highlighted my well defined abs.

As I walked on the catwalk, Paul smiled at me.
"I love this one,..."

"I sense a but. You are amazing in this one!"

"It's just too elegant for me. I do love the shirt, though. I wanna keep it for another suit."

"Okay, try the navy one. It has the same shirt."

I put on the suit he had told me. I looked so good in it. I smiled looking at myself in the mirror.

"Hey, come out!" Paul shouted outside.
As soon as I showed it to him, we both agreed on the fact that that was my suit for the prom. A slim fit navy suit, peaky lapel jacket and a withe shirt that highlighted my body.

"Wait, I got something else for you!"
He opened the wardrobe and took a bowtie. It was navy and glittery. He put it around my neck and then made me look in the mirror.

"You look amazing!"

"Thanks!" I replied.

"Connor will be happy!"

"Actually I am not taking him to the prom!"

"Wait, did I miss something?"

"Yeah, we split up. You couldn't know it!"

"I am so sorry!"

"Don't have to be. These kinda things happen."

"I am sure you will find a new one with this suit!"

"Yeah..." I mumbled. Then I don't why, but an idea came to my mind. What if I asked Paul to come with me? He was into me, he had already showed me what he was able to do at Gabe's party.

"Hey, Paul, I was wondering if you would like to keep me company. I mean, at the prom..."

"Sure?"

"Yeah, why not. I will pick you up at 7.00 PM. If you are ok with it, of course..."

"Yeah, I am down!"

"You can sleep over at my place afterwards" I told him "And end what we started at the party"

He approached to me and printed a kiss on my lips. We made out a bit.

"I wanna be clear, though. I don't wanna have a relationship with you. I just wanna distract me. I had imagined my prom night completely different. But things don't go as planned." I explained.

"I am okay with that. I just wanna have sex with you so bad! Then, if you want to go back to our normal life, I am totally fine with it!"

I smiled at him.