Part twenty six.

"You know what Dave!" I said following behind him.

He stopped in his foot tracks and gave me an evil look.

"Nah I don't know what." Dave said turning around burning a hole right through my face.

"You wanna know what though?" Dave chuckled

"I changed for you Lo, and sometimes you make me want to slip back into my old ways." He said backing me into a corner.

"Dave please not here." I whispered crying.

"Think I give a fuck about these white folks in here?" He asked grabbing onto my neck.

"Dave please stop." I pleaded grasping onto his wrist with both of my hands.

Letting me go Dave walked out of the hospital and disappeared into the parking lot.

Making my way back to the room where Janice was singing lullabies to Kairi, I went into the bathroom to fix my face.

"You are telling the truth right?" Janice said looking at me as I came out of the bathroom.

I nodded my head and began packing up a few things since we were discharging tomorrow.

"Sometimes I think I love that man more than I love myself." I sat down with tears in my eyes.

Fixing herself up Janice walked over to me and took a seat directly next to me.

"David and I father have been married for twenty something years, and one thing I'm gone tell you is that never love no man more than you love yourself." She said to me.

"As long as you love a man more than you love yourself, you allowing that man to have control over your life and your emotions." Janice said holding onto my hand.

"I don't know what to do, especially now with bringing a child into the equation." I explained.

"Imma tell ya like this worry about you and your baby and everything thats meant to be will be, you hear me?" Janice asked giving me a hug.