Part seventeen.

*One month later

I stood on the balcony of my downtown Atlanta apartment and sipped on some hot herbal tea that Brianna had prepared for us.

It's been about a month since my last time speaking to Dave. Even though he comes to Atlanta often for shows I still haven't made it my duty to see him.

Reading the direct message from Dave I sat down and analyzed everything he was saying

I couldn't let my emotions get the best of me so I decided not to write back. Dave would have to go to hell and back to prove himself to me.

"You good?" Brianna asked taking a seat next to me.

I nodded my head yes and continued sipping my tea.

"You know it's ok to love someone even after they've hurt you." Brianna mentioned.

I shook my head.

Dave was my child's father and rather I liked it or not I had to face that reality everyday I looked in the mirror a watched my stomach grow.

I wanted him to be part of this pregnancy, I wanted him at the doctors appointments and I wanted him to help make decisions when it came to our baby.

Despite the hurt and pain he's caused me he was also a big part of my life and there's no denying that.

"I just don't know what to do." I added.

"No one does Lo just do whatever your heart tells you." Brianna said to me.

We sat there in silence while the traffic and car horns were beneath us.

I love excused myself and went into the kitchen to prepare myself a meal before my doctors appointment. I made myself a turkey club sandwich along with some lays potato chips and a bottled water on the side.

It was hard being pregnant and attempting to eat healthy.

My cravings was kicking my ass on a daily.

Finishing up my meal I brushed my teeth, slid into some comfortable sandals and made my way out the door.

Getting into my car I Bluetooth my phone to the radio and began playing my favorite tunes.

Wait, why you trippin' on a ho I ain't seen before? (Yeah)
Let's be real I just want you and I need you more
You think that I'm lying every time that I speak
And you still bitchin' 'bout some shit from last week
Why you wanna go through my phone? (Why you wanna go through my phone?)

I sang along to every lyric and while taking a few snaps while sitting at the red light.