Part five.

*Next day

It was Monday morning and I was back at the office again, filing papers and setting up clients. My job at the office wasn't the worst but it's definitely not something I see myself doing long term.

I wondered off for a spilt second just to think about my future and what it holds.

"Lauren." My boss called out to me.

"Good morning Mr.Herman." I said hoping he didn't catch me wondering off.

"Could you step into my office please?" He asked politely.

"Sure." I said following behind him.

"Have a seat." He said pointing to the chair that sat directly across from him.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked out of curiosity.

"No, no not at all. I called you in here because we have a high profile client that I would like you to assist with." He added.

"Wow me? I'm honored Mr.Herman." I said in total shock.

"Here's his file, do as much digging as you can. Find out as much as possible, I'm giving you one week exactly to see what you can find." Mr.Herman said handing me a file that read "David Brewster."

My stomach turned as I exited the office with the very file that was Dave's file. But I could also use this as an excuse to get close to him and find out exactly why Riley warned me to steer clear of him.

Back at my cubicle I did the average google search and only one thing came up which so happened to be a mug shot of Dave from three years ago.

News Article:

David Brewster a potential suspect in the murder of nineteen year old Antwon Miller. The two had a previous rivalry that lead to shootouts, robberies and continued problems in local Harlem neighborhoods. Mr.Brewster is one of Harlem's most known  notorious king pins, he served time and now he's out being accused of a treacherous crime. Is David Brewster innocent?

Even after reading that article I still wanted to believe Dave wasn't the person Riley was telling me he was. He seemed gentle under all the street dude front, I wanted to know more. I had to know more.

A few more hours went by and by the time I looked up the office was practically empty. I gathered my work files and headed out the door.

Halfway home I decided to stop by a local deli and grab a bite to eat since I didn't feel like cooking tonight. I paid for my food and made my way home, as I approached my apartment I realized Riley car was gone meaning she was probably at work.

"How was work?" A voice called out.

I turned around and saw Dave standing against his car.

"You really have to stop just popping up on people you weirdo

"You really have to stop just popping up on people you weirdo." I said heart beating fast.

"Ride with me." He suddenly asked.