Part twenty one.

Soft muffled voices had awaken me from what had felt like a deep sleep. I woke up to see myself surrounded by unfamiliar faces I've never seen before.

"Oh she's awake." One lady said with hands over her mouth and tears falling from her eyes.

Still unsure of what was going on I laid there in silence and continued to stare up at the ceiling above me.

My body was attached to numerous cords and noisy machines.

A guy sat in the corner holding a little girl who was sound asleep on his chest.

"Someone's awake

"Someone's awake." A lady with teal colored scrubs said approaching me with a stethoscope.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked out of curiosity.

She was hesitant to answer and looked around the room. The guy holding the baby nodded his head giving her the ok to answer.

"Um Ms. Williams you suffered from a gunshot wound that caused really bad internal bleeding. With that being said you were in a coma for a little over 9 months, and the morning you came in we had to perform surgery to get your baby out safely." The nurse explained.

She pointed to the baby the was sleeping on the guys chest in the corner.

"That's my baby?" I asked with tears rolling down my face.

The nurse nodded her head as the guy slowly approached me putting the sleeping girl on my chest.

"She looks just like me." I cried and held onto her tight.

The little girl soft snores lit up the room as the other people stood around and admired the view.

"What's her name?" I asked around the room.

"Kairi Chanel Brewster." A lady with red hair replied.

"Brewster? But my last name is Williams

"Brewster? But my last name is Williams." I said confused.

"She has my last name. I'm her father and your fiancé." The guy who was holding her responded.