Part fifteen.

"This is a nice neighborhood located near all major transportation and stores." The realtor explained.

"I'll take it." I said.

My heels clicked as I walked around the luxury apartment

My heels clicked as I walked around the luxury apartment. Shorty after moving in with Riley I secretly packed my bags and moved out in the middle of the night, except for this time in a new city.

No Riley, no José and no Dave. Just myself and my unborn child.

I changed my number, landed a new job at one of the biggest law firms in my city and signed up for school.

I also planned on starting my own business shortly after the baby was born since I didn't need any extra stress during my pregnancy.

This was a big step for me especially because I've never been on my own before, I always had my mom and dad as well as my siblings.

Exiting the apartment I requested an Uber to take me back to my hotel where I was staying until I found myself an apartment.

"Lauren?" Someone called out.

I looked up to see who it was and it was an old friend of mine from back in New York.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked giving him a side hug.

"I moved here about a year ago to pursue the whole music thing

"I moved here about a year ago to pursue the whole music thing." He said smiling.

"Well I see you have succeeded." I said pointing to his luxury car.

"I've done pretty well for myself I guess, anyways what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Long story short I came here to escape my crazy ass baby daddy and my annoying family." I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh shit not little quiet Lauren leaving the nest and with child." He said laughing.

I playfully shoved him, and just as I did that my Uber pulled up.

"Well I have to get going it was nice seeing you." I squealed.

"Likewise and hey here's my card, that's my number on there if you need anything give me a call or shoot me a text. Take care gorgeous." He said.