S02 E01 - Bets, and the Olympics

Start from the beginning

They looked at each other, before rushing towards the floor allocated for the women's soccer team.

.

Michelle and Christen were fixing their suitcases, alongside the twins when there was a knock on the door. Michelle looked at the doot confused before standing up and opening it, only to be met with Vlatko and one of the swi, coaches.

"We need to talk, what was suppose to be your event last 2004 Olympics?"

Michelle looked at both of them confused.

"Uh... 800 and 400 free then 400 Medley relay. Why?"

"You still continued training right?"

"Yes, I never stopped."

"What's your best time for 800 free?"

"I don't know, like 9 minutes, 20 seconds I believe. Why? What's happening?"

"Is it okay for you to swim that event? Ledecky was injured and is still recovering so she can't stand in for this event and the original swimmer lost her passport. We thought we could resolve it before her event but we can't. You're our only choice at the moment."

Michelle felt Christen come up from behind her to look at what's happening while Michelle stood there conflicted.

"We already looked at the schedules and this won't affect any of your matches with the USWNT."

She looked at Vlatko, who looked at her with a smile and a short nod, before looking back at the woman in front if her, who had a hopeful look on her face. She sighed and nodded, making the woman cheer.

"We're goving you your suit, headcap and goggles tomorrow and we have to see how fast you really are so you would have to meet us at the pool early in the morning, is that okay?"

Michelle smiled and nodded.

It was okay for her, since early morning swim practice was already part of her routine anyway.

"What was that about?"

"Let's just say I am very greatful I kept up with my training."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To say that everyone was shocked when they saw Michelle's name at the Swimming roster was an understatement. Out of all the twist and turns that were to happen this 2024, they did not think that this was going to be one.

It has been a few days since they asked her to swim the event and everyone has been buzzing about this event, watching the athlete kill it on the field was one thing, but seeing her in action in the water was another.

They were gonna see a side of her they never saw.

Right now though, Michelle's focus is on the match against France. They had to won this to go to the Quarter finals and this match was pivotal to their journey to victory, and also the bet she has going on with Abby.

She was 4 goals away from winning.

She wore the captain's armband as they walked out into the field, their game faces on as they faced one of their hard oponents.

.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen, we are here at Paris, France right now for the Quarter finals of USA against France. Leading the United States, we have Michelle Press, a forward of the USWNT."

"The referee blows her whistle and now the ball is in play."

"Sam Mewis stealing the ball from their oponent, passing it to an awaiting Rose Lavell who fakes it to the left, instead kicking it towards a free Michelle Press and GOAAALLL!! MICHELLE PRESS OPENS THE SCORE BOARD!!!"