floating

KOO POV

I remember the adrenaline rush as my Christmas Rose tattoo began hurting. The agony and the way the room was lit up with purple light, turning on, turning off, turning on. It was a blurry of light, I remember that. And then Yoongi-hyung was rushing up, phone in his hand and pressed to his ear. I remember him telling me to get up and he had rushed down the hallways of our house, banging on the doors of hyungs and waking them up. We had all rushed out to follow him, and we gasped collectively as a wave of pain overwhelmed us. 

" Y/N," Namjoon-hyung had said. Yoongi-hyung was behind the wheels, phone forgotten and hands gripping the wheel tightly, knuckles turning white. He nodded stiffly as we raced down the streets to the hospital. The hospital. 

I remember sobbing as my Christmas started to hurt more. My soul was calling out to Y/N's and to my hyungs, but the person I needed the most was Y/N. She was the one I needed the most. I needed to know if she was okay. If she was alright. 

From there on, it was a blur. I didn't know what I was doing. All I knew was that I was sitting down, trying to calm myself down as we waited. And when we walked through the door to her room, my whole world froze in ice and I saw red for a while. Until I was next to her. 

My breath had stopped then. Seeing her like this. Who would want to do this to her? No one. She deserves the whole world. I know she does. 

And now, I look at her, seeing her safely in Jimin-hyung's arms while Tae-hyung had me on his lap, resting his head on my neck as I feel the gentle snores of him. I didn't want to sleep. I wanted to see her wake up. 

I know she wasn't telling us something. It's obvious. And it hurts me to see that she is trying to pretend that it is alright. That nothing is wrong. Why would nothing be wrong if she ended up in the hospital, with a mild concussion and a bandaged head? 

I sighed, gently standing up and letting Tae-hyung's head rest on Jin-hyung's shoulder. I knew he was comfortable; Jin-hyung's shoulders are always comfortable. I walked over to the window, trying to remind myself that there was still colours in my life. 

It's been 4 months since we've met each other, and it's been an amazing 4 months. I still remember the day I met her; the big, wide, almond eyed look she gave me as our flowers started to glow. How she would shyly look down at her feet, or how she would bite her bottom lip when she was thinking about something, or how she would fidget with her thumbs when she was nervous. I longed to see her y/e/c eyes look into mine, sparkling with their usual shine. I wish to see them.

A small cough and gasp caught my attention, sending my heart leaping as I turned around. A small sob came out of my mouth as the figure sat up, eyes beaming, hands trying to find a glass of water. I rushed over to the bed, helping her. She looked at me, eyes wide. My Christmas Rose started to tingle as I tangled my hands through her hair. She placed the glass on the bedside table, hands weakly going around my neck. 

" Koo..." she rasped. I chuckled watery, and without thinking about it, placed my lips on hers. She didn't respond for a second. But, then, Y/N pulled me closer, sighing as she kissed me. I smiled through the kiss, running my fingers through her hair, feeling her, tasting her. She was awake. 

My tongue licked her bottom lip accidentally, and I gently pulled away, breathing heavily and locking my eyes into hers. She gasped up at me, eyes twinkling. Her cheeks rose and her smile came into view. The smile that always took my breath away. 

" Good morning, sleeping beauty," I whispered. She shies away, hands flying up to her lips, as though she couldn't believe I kissed her. I smiled at her reaction.