35- Lipstick On Her Teeth

She slept early without Draco, and when she woke up Draco hadn't come, and his stuff was not even unpacked. She went outside her balcony and gave a small gasp. Draco laid on the grass, and it looked like he was sleeping. What if he was cold? She didn't bother putting her shoes on and slid down the railing of the wooden stairs in her night gown, rushing to see him.

She arrived and landed on her knees beside his head softly. She held his head and he was as cold as ice. He furrowed his eyebrows and snapped his eyes open, squinting them as the sun had found his eyes.

"Y/n?" He asked. He closed his eyes. "Just lay down with me." He muttered, rubbing his eyes. She listened and she did.

He immediately put his arms around her and kissed her neck at random times. He couldn't believe how far he'd come. Nothing could of messed what he and her had now. He was on a roll, he was somewhat happy, and he liked her. He really did, and when he always came to that realisation every night when he tried to sleep he still couldn't believe it, no matter how many times his heart and body told him yes.

"How are you doing now that we're.. that you're here?" Her voice snapped him out of it.

"I re-did it all, but it still looks the same." He sat up a bit, and leaned his back on her front. She sat up and wrapped her arms around him to support him.

"I shut up the paintings, I re-arranged everything a million times by magic, then by myself by hand, and it doesn't make a difference. I should just set it on fire." He sighed as he hung his head low.

"Buy a new one?" She proposed softly.

"I can't do it. I wanna stay here, but I can't do it either. I'm stuck.. y/n. It's so hard to just let go." He whispered. She slowly slid her fingers in his hair and soothed him out of his worries.

She rocked them back and forth slowly.

"I'll help you set it on fire." Y/n said after a while.

Draco's eyes widened. "You will?" He replied without sitting up.

For him?

"I will. How about tomorrow?" She whispered evilly near his ear. His eyes widened and he zoned out, like he was becoming hypnotised by her. She put her hand on his shoulder softly as she pecked his cheek.

He smiled faintly ahead.

THE NEXT EVENING:

Y/n twirled around in front of the mirror. She was in love with this ball gown, completely! She felt divine.

She opened her door happily and was about to walk gracefully down the hall to practice her walk, when the paintings caught her eyes. She smiled faintly and sighed at Draco's beautiful painted still painting.

Well, the painting tried to be still, and tried to avoid her eyes but painted Draco sighed exasperatedly, giving up.

"What do you want?" He demanded in a huff. He looked down on her.

She smiled and crossed her arms smugly. "Na-uh! That's no way to speak to the one you like!" She smiled in a giddy fashion.

He looked around nervously and crossed his arms, looking away. She noticed the left side of his neck was branded with the golden crescent moon. It was just poking out from the collar of his Italian made suit. 

"You look nice." Y/n complimented him. She put her hands behind her back and it showed off her collar bone perfectly. Painted Draco still looked away in a pouty manner.

"Thank you." He said quietly. She giggled and looked down the hall. The girls were all in their ball gowns waiting at the top of the stairs to go down one by one. "See you in a bit." She smiled, her golden mark gave a glint as she smiled. She turned and walked slowly down the hall to appear graceful and unbothered. It was her plan. She smiled to herself at her silly plan. Painted Draco watched as she walked down the hall with a light blush.

She stopped behind the groups of girls in their ball gowns who were talking to one another.

A group of four seemed to be looking at Y/n then laughed quietly to each other. She gave a confused look and looked behind her. Were they actually laughing at her? This was basically her future house! She could kick them out.

She just remained unbothered and did not want to think highly of herself. They probably weren't even talking about her. They looked at least a year or two years younger.

"Hi!" Daphne whisper shouted to Y/n. She came with Pansy. Y/n smiled and beckoned them over. Pansy and Daphne wore lovely expensive ball gowns and they looked divine. Pansy looked beautiful with the small rose on her left temple, and Daphne wore a dress that showed off her back with her golden vines from one shoulder to the other.

"I think this is quite exciting." Pansy smiled.

As she said that the girls laughed again. Daphne crossed her arms and glared at them immediately. Pansy did too, and Y/n stood between her friends looking at those girls that were laughing. The girls finally looked back at them and found 3 girls glaring at them. They quickly quieted down and looked away.

"I'll give them a piece." Daphne muttered, cracking her neck before she went to them. Her friends followed behind. Pansy was about to tap them on the shoulder but didn't as Y/n grabbed her hand. Daphne and Pansy looked at Y/n and she put a finger to her lips, telling them to be quiet and listen to what the girls were whispering about.

"Look, he's so handsome!" One girl whispered. The girls looked to where they were looking down the stairs, and sure enough they were looking at Blaise, Draco, and Theo who looked like they were whispering to each other.

"Especially Draco. I wanted to ask him but apparently he has a date." One girl pouted.

"She's probably a no one. Maybe he was paid a lot of money to go with her." One girl cheered the other one up.

"Like you have a chance with any of those three." Daphne spoke from behind them. The girls turned around and looked them up and down.

"Please. You look so old, go back to working at the Ministry where you belong." A girl scoffed. Her friends giggled.

"They're not into younger girls like you. You think they want someone inexperienced?" Pansy scoffed. The girls looked back at the guys.

"Stay in your place." Y/n spat.

"Who do you think you are?" The girl in the middle with the blue ball gown said. She had dirty blonde flat hair and wore red lipstick. She also had a bit on her teeth, but Y/n wasn't about to help her out with that.

"I can kick you out in seconds, I own this house." Y/n narrowed her eyes at her.

The girl scoffed but didn't have time to answer when the chatter died down and it was time for the ball to start.