29- The Storm

They both woke up together. They were still apart. She got up and he did too. They had detention today again. He changed his clothes to different ones with magic and she changed in the bathroom. They were silent, and not talking to each other.

They both exited at different times and on opposite sides of the classroom in detention. After class, Draco and Y/n exited.

"Y/n follow me." Draco grabbed her hand and they walked down the hall.

"What are we going to do?" She asked.

"We need to talk." He smiled. She returned it faintly and held his hand tighter. Draco entered an abandoned classroom and pulled her in, closing the door. She guessed he wanted to apologise and fix things, and she was willing to listen.

He turned to her and opened his mouth to speak but before he could someone opened the door.

The interviewer, Amina Morosa entered and closed the door behind her. Draco took a step back, taking Y/n with him. They stood beside each other closely while they looked at Amina.

"Do you mind?" Draco asked Amina, motioning for her to get out.

"I know." She crossed her arms. Y/n and Draco leaned into each other. His hand went behind her lower back absentmindedly.

Draco and Y/n gave her a questioning look.

"I know about the whole soulmate thing." Amina said. Y/n and Draco still didn't break their calm and confused looks. They were still processing what she was saying.

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Draco's neck, and his mark was there. "I know you guys are branded with a mark on your neck that I can't see." Amina's arms were still crossed. She wore a calm look.

Draco and Y/n looked back at Amina. "So?" Y/n said. Draco had removed his arm from her back, inching slowly to his wand.

"So if you guys don't break up, I'll tell McGonagall that you guys told me about the generation of soulmates. Then the ministry will get involved." Amina undid her arms. She wore a look of complete triumph.

Y/n tried to stifle her laughs. Draco started to try and stifle his laughs also which made Y/n laugh loudly. The two both laughed together, holding onto each other for support.

"S—She," Draco tried to say through his laughs. He slapped Y/n's shoulder and she did it back to his and they laughed louder. Y/n rested her forehead on Draco's shoulder as they both calmed down.

They finally stood up straight and took deep breaths. They smiled at each other as they did.

"Guess I'll tell McGonagall then." Amina shrugged and made her way to the door. Draco pulled out his wand and locked the door before she could. He still had a big smile as he chuckled from time to time. Y/n smirked at her.

"You are so funny.." Draco chuckled as he started to walk slowly towards her.

"Who do you think you are?" Y/n asked her as Amina turned around. She took out her wand to open the door.

"Expelliarmus." Y/n said, disarming Amina.

"Hey! My wand!" Amina protested. Draco shook his head disappointedly.

"Who are you exactly?" He asked with squinted eyes. He pointed his wand at her as did Y/n.

Amina didn't answer and took a step back.

"Fine." Draco breathed. He gave Y/n his wand. Suddenly Amina fell to the floor clutching her head.

"Tsk tsk." Draco stepped towards her. "Following older students into Hogsmeade and spying on them in the middle of the night. I think that earns you detention for the rest of the year, Morosa."

Y/n's eyebrows raised. So that's how she found out.

"How.. did you do that?" Amina asked faintly, looking up at him from the floor.

"Why don't you shut your mouth yourself before I kick it shut?" He threatened her.

Y/n rolled her eyes. She'd definitely heard that one before, but he called her pretty instead.

"I just wanted a chance with you!" Amina whispered angrily. Y/n scoffed which had Amina more angry. Draco looked down at Amina in disbelief then looked at Y/n, rolling his eyes as he nodded to Amina.

"There won't be any of that anymore," He paused. "my wand, darling." He whispered to Y/n, bringing out his hand for her. She threw it to him and he caught it.