10- Tears and Jealousy

She walked down to Hogsmeade ready to meet where she and her friends were meeting. So that was it. She didn't have a soulmate.

She sat down in front of them, tears in her eyes that threatened to spill. When Pansy asked her what was wrong, she broke down completely.

"I.." Daphne said awkwardly, looking at Pansy.

Pansy got up and grabbed Y/n softly with Daphne. They exited and went in an alleyway. Y/n cried into Pansy's shoulder.

"He- I'm- I don't have a soulmate.. I'm alone from now on!" She sobbed harder.

She would be lonely forever, watching everyone grow old together with their partners, while she watched, alone, and old.

She'd never have children. Worst of all, Draco would probably find some bimbo who didn't believe in it either and just marry her, while she was forced to watch.

The world made a mistake, this whole soulmate thing made a mistake.

"Tell me what happened, please?" Pansy hugged her tighter.

"My s-soulmate, he doesn't believe in it, says it's.. says it's rubbish!" She cried louder at the thought.

Pansy didn't know what to say.

"Who is it?" Daphne asked softly.

"It's freaking Draco! He's my soulmate! So insufferable!" She mumbled and cried.

She kept mumbling things into Pansy's shoulder as she took deep breaths, through her cries.

"It's Draco?!" Daphne exclaimed with wide eyes. She quickly pulled out her wand and flicked it, and suddenly a calendar appeared in front of her.

"There, that's when the next party is. We are going to go and you're gonna look beautiful. He won't resist, it's part of this whole soulmate thing anyway!" She pointed an angry finger at it. Pansy stroked Y/n's hair and they finally let go.

"I'm going to be.. alone forever." She sniffled.

"You won't be, you won't.. I promise." Daphne hugged her. She couldn't move on with anyone else, so all they could do was make Y/n happy. She was going to be happy.

"I.. let's.. take a walk, okay? I love you." Daphne rubbed her arm and Y/n nodded. She walked with them with her head down.

Y/n shoved her hands deeper in her pockets. Pansy suddenly shrieked and she looked up. Pansy was now pulling her two friends along away from Theo.

"Pansy Parkinson!" He yelled but she just kept waking faster and faster.

"Maybe you should talk to him." Y/n had said, which made Pansy stop in her tracks.

Theo also stopped from a far, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"Why?!"

"Come on, give him a chance?" Y/n shrugged and Pansy sighed, glancing at Theo who gave her an awkward look.

Daphne pushed Pansy towards Theo then put her arm around Y/n. "Let's go." She said and with that the two girls left. Y/n's head still hung low. She glanced back and saw Theo and Pansy talking together rather awkwardly.

At least he didn't look like he was rejecting her.

They found a bench outside one of the stores and sat down on it.

"So? What do you wanna do?" Daphne asked, swinging her legs around.

Y/n had teared up again and grimaced but wiped her face. She zipped up her jacket and put her hoodie on, just narrowing her eyes at a small rock from a far.

"Yes, same here." Daphne continued quietly. Y/n smiled at her words but it disappeared quickly.

Maybe Y/n could find someone who's soulmate rejected this idea too? Maybe they could both be happy? She groaned and closed her eyes. I guess this way she could focus on her job, and school.

Maybe she could find a Muggle? But she 100% wanted magic children. Ugh! She just didn't know anymore.

"Helllo??? Is loss of hearing a side affect?" Pansy kept clicking in front of Y/n's face. Daphne whacked her on the shoulder.

"Stop it! She's upset. She would rather be in her bed than here in Hogsmeade." Daphne said, giving Y/n eyes with sympathy inside them. But Y/n didn't notice.

"It's okay.." Y/n started slowly.

Pansy clicked her fingers. "Ice cream!" She exclaimed. Daphne got up and shoved her on the shoulder with a smile.

"Stay here Y/n!" Daphne said and the two girls both ran away to get ice cream, across town. Y/n sighed and rested her chin on her hand.

She saw legs walk up in front of her and admired their shoes and the dirt, not really realising someone was actually in front of her. No one would probably recognise her anyway; her eyes were red, and her hoodie was covering her whole head and nearly her face. She wanted to think.

"I'm not a coward." His hands were in his grey jacket.

She didn't bother looking up at him and just ignored him, slouching even more.

"Hear me?" He tapped her on the head. She whacked his hand away.

"Not very friendly." He said.

"You are a coward." She mumbled, but he'd heard. He didn't answer and just looked blankly at the top of her head, covered with her grey hoodie.

"Why don't you be quiet before you earn a bruise on your pretty face?" He threatened.

She couldn't hold her tears in for much longer. She hated this!

Now she was going to get bullied by her soulmate? She got up abruptly and pushed passed him, making sure to not show her face to him and walked away slouching.

He followed her and grabbed her shoulder, turning her around. "You're just insufferable!" She yelled in his face. "You already said you want nothing to do with me so why don't you leave! Leave me ALONE!" She screamed and turned away.

He turned her around again but for the second time he couldn't get a word in as she interrupted.

"You're just a little boy! Still the same stupid boy from 1st year!" She screamed. He opened his mouth but she talked again.

"You kiss me out of no where, then you're scared of this whole soulmate situation!" She yelled and turned away, but instead of him turning her back she turned back herself.

"Like I would tell anyone I kissed Draco Malfoy! How embarrassing!" She yelled loudly and stomped away with clenched fists.

He put his lips firmly together.

"Way more embarrassing to kiss Y/n Y/l/n!" He tried to think of something hurtful to say. She didn't give him the time of day and walked away.

That party was coming up, and she was going to have fun.