35 | Try To Keep Up

Start from the beginning

I get up from behind my desk, engulfing her in a tight hug, "Thank you, Ana, you don't know how important this is to me." I try not to sob. Sucking back my tears, I pull away from our hug. She gives me a warm smile before exiting out.

"Ms Hazel?"

"Yes?"

"Your date has been set up with Mr Smith tonight."

"Thank you." She closes the door on her way out. I look down to my watch to see I have about half an hour left before I should get back home in time before Roman shows up.

⁎❀⁎

I clean his and mine in the garage. Stepping away from the motorcycle I watch it shine. I had remembered Roman having a bike back in high school, he always wished he could go back in time just to go for one more ride...well Roman Smith, you're in luck my friend.

I run back inside grabbing the basket and picnic blanket, taking it down to the garage to leave it there.

I head back inside to change into the outfit I had been saving to buy, I hardly wear skinny jeans but once I turned around in the full-length mirror, admiring the wonders these black jeans are doing to my ass.

I wore a cropped black t-shirt, a leather jacket to match the one Roman has, and black doc Martens.

I finished off by doing two braids to my hair, looking at myself I was impressed with how quickly I got everything sorted in under 20-minutes.

I looked over to the analogue clock up on the wall in the lounge to see Roman should be coming home in a few minutes. I raced back down to the garage, making sure I had everything.

Blanket...check.

Helmets...check.

Gloves...check.

Food...check.

I think I packed everything for tonight.

I grab my phone from the back pocket of my jeans, opening up my messages with Ryan to tell him everything is planned until I see a text already from him.

Ryan

Ryan: Do u have everything??

Me: Yes...operation: giving me bf the best date ever has BEGUN!!

Ryan: Yes it has gurl! You remember where to go right?!?

Me: Chill. Yes, I do.

Ryan: Oh! Do you have the ring?!?!?

Yes. I am going to propose to Roman, I've been thinking about it for over the past month now, how I was going to do it, where I was going to do it, but I just thought no matter where Roman and I may be, whatever I do, no matter where I do it, it'll always be special.

Me: Yup, picked it up this afternoon.

Ryan: AHHH! I can't believe my gurl is going to propose *happy tears*

Me: Shit! He just came home gtg Luv u<3

I switched my phone off, stuffing it back into my back pocket. I took out the black leather box, making sure the ring is still in its position. I sigh in relief when I see the golden loop perfectly sitting in the middle of the box.

I admire the engravings I made on the inner ring, hoping to god it wasn't too cheesy and most of all he was going to like it.

"Princess!" I snap the box close, stuffing it away I run back to the house, "Hazel! Where are you!" I open the sliding doors to the backyard, walking inside the house I see Roman with a gun in his hand.

"Roman, you can put the gun down." His back was facing me, I tap him on the shoulder. "Jesus Princess don't scare m-holy fuck." I watch his gaze wander down my body, an instant flame of heat overtakes it.

"What the hell did I miss?" He tucks the gun behind him, grabbing me by the waist, plastering my body against his hard chest, "You like it?"

"Do I like it? I fucking love it!" He goes in to kiss me but I press my index finger against his lips, "Wait...before anything happens and we end up in the bedroom you need to go change." I point a finger behind me, towards the staircase.

"Oh My fucking god, why!" He gowls frustrated, making me giggle, "Just go change. Please," I fake pout, he rolls his eyes at me, quickly pecking me at the lips as he walks up the stairs disappearing into our room.

Glad that my distraction worked I go back to the garage. I park my bike and his outside, right infront of the house. Starting both engines, I listen to them both growl to life.

I put my helmet on, setting Roman's on his motorcycle. I climb onto the bike, leaning both my hands on the handles.

There he is, in all his glory, standing at the steps infront of the front door, adjusting his shirt before lifting his head to meet me, "Holy shit!" He runs up to the bikes, "Hop on baby." Instead of moving to his bike, he comes up to me.

Slowly, he removes my helmet, meeting his brown orbs glistening in the golden light. "You did this?" He cupped both sides of my face, staring at me intensely, "Mhm." I nod my head.

He tilts my head to the side, brings his face close to mine, joining our lips together. I moan in delight, missing the taste of him. I regret kissing him right now because I'm on the close verge of ditching this idea and just fucking him until the sun shines and then proposing.

"Mmm...Rome." I moan against our lips, neither one of us wanting to pull away, "Okay, enough." I pull away from him to see his seductive grin cemented on his swollen lips.

"Do you want to go or not?" I remove his grip from my hips, putting on my helmet and giving my bike a little start, "Yes ma'am." He climbs onto his bike. I watch him run his finger against the cool leather, admiring the features of his bike.

"Try to keep up." I speed off, my laugh trailing behind me, "Hey!" I hear Roman kick on the gas, his motorbike roaring behind me.

"You cheated!" I hear him shout behind me. I speed up, leaving a trace of smoke behind me, I position my side mirrors to look at Roman, I look into them to see he isn't behind me, "What the fuck?" I mutter to myself.

"Keep your eyes on the road love." He appears to my left, "How the fuck did you get here so fast!" He shrugs his shoulders and speeds off, leaving me behind.

A/N

(sorry but I had to cut the story a bit short)

I had no intention of a proposal from Hazel but I had just thought while writing and with what a dominant character she is I knew it was the perfect fit.

Also, I wanted to let you all know that I will be going up to chapter 50-55 there is wayyy too much that I want to happen and I don't plan on making a third.

Hazel & Roman's story will probably stop here but I haven't finalised the decision yet (don't get your hopes up)

Srry for a long note.

Luv u guys💞💞