Chapter 24

I hate flying. Not that I'm afraid of being in a plane, it's just the whole process. Everything about it is stressful and rushed, just to sit in a tiny, uncomfortable seat for hours. Never mind the kid behind you kicking your seat constantly, the person in front of you who reclines their seat, the smelly person next to you, and the baby crying.

When the plane finally landed in Seattle, I quickly grabbed my backpack and got off the plane. This was my first real trip, but it was enough to convince myself to pay for the seat upgrade for first class with every flight from here on out. Making my way to baggage claim, I found a quiet corner, and pulled out my phone.

Jeremy: At baggage claim. I'll be home soon.

Harper: Ok, are you hungry? I can have lunch ready when you get here.

Jeremy: Starving. See you soon.

Spotting my suitcase on the belt, I quickly grabbed it and headed out the doors to the parking garage. Thankfully we didn't live far from the airport, and I was pulling into the garage about forty five minutes later.

Opening the door, I heard music playing. Walking to the kitchen, I saw Harper standing at the counter as she made me a sandwich and her salad for lunch. Standing my suitcase up, I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Hi." I said softly.

"Hey, how was your flight?"

"Long. I'm very thankful to be home." I said with a dry laugh as I kissed her cheek and walked back to my suitcase and took it into the bedroom. Leaving it at the foot of the bed, I walked back out just as she brought the food out to the table. Grabbing a beer from the fridge, I sat down.

"Tell me about the trip." Harper said as she sat with me and started to eat.

"It was just a bunch of conferences." I said with a shrug.

She was quiet for a minute as she ate. Glancing at the bedroom door, she said, "I'll take your suits to the dry cleaner this afternoon."

"Yeah, best to get them done now. I leave Wednesday night, but I'll be back Friday morning." I said as I took a drink of my beer.

When I was done eating, I took my plate into the kitchen and set it in the sink before finally going into the bathroom and starting the shower. It felt so good to be back in my own shower.

Drying off, I put on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. Harper was cleaning up the kitchen when I walked to the couch and put my feet up on the table. Letting out a long sigh, I turned on the TV and started to watch the pregame.

"Thank you." I said as Harper handed me a cold beer. She gave me a small smile as she turned to walk away. "Hey, are you ok?" I said as I turned towards her.

"Yeah." She said with a nod, "I'm just tired."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm fine." She said as she put her hand on my shoulder. "I promise. I'm going to wash your clothes." She said as she motioned towards the bedroom and started to back away.

Something was bothering her, but I wasn't going to pry. All that would do is lead to a fight and make everything so much worse. Laying back on the couch, I spent the next several hours watching the Seahawks absolutely annihilate the Rams. When the game was done, I rolled off the couch and walked back into the bedroom. Harper was on the bed in the middle of folding clothes.

"What did Sam do this time?" I asked as I walked around to my side of the bed.

"What?" she said as she looked up at me.

"What did Sam do this time?" I asked again as I motioned to her phone as I sat down next to her. "You only smile like that when you are talking to Sam or Mason." I said as I laid back.

"Oh, nothing. It's just girl talk." She said as she set her phone on the night stand and continued to match my socks.

When she was done, she put all the folded clothes into the dresser, and hung up the rest in the closet. As she walked back past me, I reached out and took her hand, pulling her into me.

"I missed you." I said as I sat up and put my hands on her hips.

"I missed you too." She said as she hugged me.

As she started to pull away, I moved her back into me and softly kissed her. Slipping my fingers under the hem of her shirt, I slid my hands up to her waist feeling the warmth of her skin. I slowly moved back as I guided Harper onto the bed.

"Jeremy..." She said in protest.

"Harper, please. I've been away from you for several days." I pleaded.

She looked down at me hesitantly. I don't know why she always seems to do that. I shouldn't have to convince my wife to have sex with me every single time. Letting out a sigh, she gave a small nod.

Moving my hands higher, I slowly pushed her shirt over her head. Leaning forward I kissed over her chest and up her neck. Unclasping her bra, I let it fall as I moved her to her back. Hooking my fingers into her shorts and panties, I worked them off before pulling my shirt off too.

Pushing the front of my pants down, I slowly slid inside of her. She always felt so good. As I started to move, Harper closed her eyes and let her head fall to the side. Holding onto her hips, I looked over her amazing body. She was toned and tanned, and her breasts were so perky and moving with every thrust.

Moving down closer to her I kissed up her neck again and over her jaw. When I started to move faster, she held onto my arms and in perfect timing I felt her start to clench just as I came. We laid there still for a moment as we both calmed. When I sat up and pulled out of her, she moved to the edge of the bed and got up.

"I'm gonna shower." She said softly as she walked to the bathroom.

Laying back on my pillow, I closed my eyes as my breathing slowed.

It was good to be home.

Harper's POV

Turning on the water in the shower, I immediately stepped in without letting it warm first. Grabbing my loofah I flooded it with my body wash and started to scrub my body. I tried to keep my breathing steady, but it wasn't long before tears started to fall.

As soon as I had scrubbed my body, I sank to the floor and sat under the stream of the water. When did I become such a horrible person? I hated the way he felt. I didn't want him to touch me like that.

I didn't want my husband to touch me.

Knowing I couldn't be in here too long, I eventually shut off the water and got out. Walking out to the closet, I put on a pair of leggings and a hoodie. Jeremy was in the bed asleep when I came back out. Quietly walking over to my nightstand, I picked up my phone and tiptoed out of the room. Gently closing the door behind me, I walked upstairs to my office.

Turning on my computer, I opened google. 

_______________________________________________________

I know this is a tiny chapter. I'm sorry. I'm not feeling well, and writing was proving difficult. I promise Monday will be a good long chapter with lots of fun stuff happening!

His at Nightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें