BONUS CHAPTER

**YEAR AND A HALF LATER**

Hearing the doorbell ring, I knew that Elijah was here. I was running late, and still needed to get dressed. Putting the final curl into my hair, I unplugged the curling iron and walked out to the closet. Taking down the burgundy dress, I carefully laid it out on the bed.

Carter and Sam were renewing their vows, as today was their tenth anniversary. I'm not quite sure how ten years have passed so quickly, but somehow, it has. Picking up my wine glass from the dresser I took another sip.

I was nervous.

Jeremy and I have run into each other a few times here and there. Even Michael has run into him while at the store and things. It's never really a big deal, but tonight will be different. We can't have a quick, 'Hi, how are you?' and go. We're going to all be in the room together all night.

I could hear the kids laughing as Michael and Elijah played with them. Taking another deep breath, I stepped into my dress and zipped the back. 

Putting on a pair of nude strappy heels, I opened the bedroom door and walked out to the living room where everyone else was

Putting on a pair of nude strappy heels, I opened the bedroom door and walked out to the living room where everyone else was. Ivy and Lucas were both playing with their toys on the floor. Ivy had a puzzle laid out that she was focusing on, and I couldn't help but feel her frustration as Lucas drove one of his monster trucks through it, effectively destroying it.

Michael was leaning against the wall as he watched the same scene unfold. Thankfully Elijah was incredible with both of the kids and had the whole thing handled in just a moment. Looking back at Michael, I took a deep appreciative breath as I looked over him. He had on gray pants with a perfectly tailored white shirt. His jacket and tie were laid across the back of one of the kitchen chairs, waiting for him. 

Picking up his burgundy tie that matched my dress, I ran it through my fingers as I walked over to him

Picking up his burgundy tie that matched my dress, I ran it through my fingers as I walked over to him. Stepping in front of him, I draped the tie over his shoulders as his hands found my hips. Buttoning the top buttons of his shirt, I chewed the inside of my lip in concentration as I tied his tie. Tightening it and making sure it was sitting right, I felt his finger under my chin. Lifting my eyes to meet his, he smiled.