Chapter 18

Taking in a long breath, I slowly opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was Harper's brown hair falling down her bare back. The covers sat low on her hips, while she was still curled into my side. Trying not to move too much, I pulled the blanket over her to keep her warm.

I didn't want to wake her up. Having her in my arms, and feeling every breath she takes is something I'm not ready to give up. I have no idea how she is going to react when she remembers what all happened last night. We laid there for a while until she started to stir. As soon as I felt her moving, I turned onto my side, and wrapped both of my arms around her.

I smiled as I felt her lips on my chest as she kissed me, "How do you still smell so good?" She asked with a chuckle.

Nuzzling into her hair, I whispered, "Good morning."

She turned her head so she was looking at me, "Good morning." She said as she pushed up to kiss me.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I held her just a little closer.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah," I said, "I wasn't sure how you were going to react once you woke up." I admitted, hesitantly.

"I don't regret anything." She said as she looked up at me. "I do have a lot to think about though."

I nodded, "Do you have to leave right away?" I asked, hoping I wouldn't hate the answer.

A slow smile spread across her face, "I'm in no rush."

"Can we have breakfast together?"

"Of course." She said, "As long as I can run into a store and get comfortable clothes."

"Anything you need." I whispered to her.

Checkout wasn't until 10am, so we spent every second we could curled up together in bed. I called us a cab, and it took us to my car at the bar. Target was just down the street, so I pulled into the parking lot.

"I can just run in, if you want me to." I offered.

"You're gonna pick out my clothes?" she asked with a chuckle.

"Trust me a little..." I said as I leaned over the console and kissed her just before getting out of the car.

As soon as I walked in, I grabbed a pair of jeans for me, then walked over to the women's clothing. Pulling out my phone I sent her a message.

Michael: What size jeans, and what size shoes?

Harper: Jeans size 2, shoes size 6.

Finding a pair of white skinny jeans, I grabbed a size two. There was a gray t-shirt next to it, and I grabbed a small. Hoping this would be ok, I quickly found a pair of brown boots in her size, and grabbed a pair of socks too since she only had her heels. Quickly checking out, I walked back out to my car. I handed Harper the bag when I got in, and just smiled.

"Why are you smiling at me?" She asked suspiciously.

"Just hope what I got you is ok." I said shrugging.

Opening the bag, she pulled out my jeans first.

"Oh, those are mine." I said taking them.

Pulling out the white jeans, and the t-shirt, she gave me a small smile. She even looked happy with the boots.

"You actually did really well!" She said, sounding genuinely surprised.

"I told you to trust me..."

I moved to the back of the parking lot where we were alone, and we both changed into the new clothes. I couldn't help looking over at her, especially when she had to wiggle her hips to get her jeans up. Opening her purse, she pulled out two hair ties. Using one to put her hair in a ponytail, she used the other to tie up her shirt in one of those sexy knots.