Chapter 16

Wednesday morning, Jeremy left for his first work trip. He wasn't going far, but it was far enough that he would be staying the night in a hotel, and coming home tomorrow morning. Sam was coming over tonight to do dinner and stay with me so I'm not alone, and Michael asked to have lunch.

Looking through my closet, I was trying to decide what to wear. I had no idea where we were going, so I decided to ask Michael.

Harper: Where are we going for lunch?

I pulled down a few possible outfits while I waited for him to answer.

Michael: There are a few places close to my work. You can choose.

Harper: I don't know what to wear...

Michael: Just stay casual. No need to get dressed up. Not this time at least.

I smiled as I read the message.

Harper: Casual it is.

Michael: I'll see you soon.

Looking through the options I laid on the bed, I decided on a short blue and white dress with loose flowing sleeves. Pairing it with a set of white sandals, I picked out some jewelry and I was ready. 

I was meeting Michael at his work, and we were leaving from there

I was meeting Michael at his work, and we were leaving from there. Plugging the address into my GPS, I made my way into town. The city was always so busy and hectic. It always made me thankful that I didn't have to drive through it on a regular basis.

Once I found his building, I pulled into the parking garage that was next to it, and found a parking spot. Pulling out my phone, I quickly sent Michael a message.

Harper: I'm here.

Michael: Ok, I'll meet you in the lobby.

Locking my car, I made my way to the elevators that were connected to his building. Riding them down, I stepped off and into the lobby. The entire building was incredibly modern. There were sitting areas and small tables with chairs positioned by the windows. From the front doors, a long black rug led to a huge white marble counter and receptionist desk. As I looked around impressed by how beautifully decorated the looby was, I spotted Michael as he walked towards me.

I took in a sharp breath and smiled as soon as I saw him. He looked so professional compared to the last few times I had seen him. He was wearing grey dress pants with a white button down shirt. He had the first few buttons undone, and he was wearing his glasses. He was incredibly handsome no matter what, but those glasses made me feel things I never have before.

 He was incredibly handsome no matter what, but those glasses made me feel things I never have before