Chapter 5

By Monday afternoon, I was exhausted. I had stayed up most of the night on IQ Buster with Harper. No matter how much coffee I drank I couldn't seem to wake myself up enough to be able to focus. Standing up from my chair, I walked out of my office, and across the hall into Elijah's. Closing the door behind me, I walked over to his couch, and collapsed.

"Umm. Hi." I heard him say.

"Hi." I said into the throw pillow, muffling my voice.

"Need a cup of coffee?" He asked.

"I've had six already." I said into the pillow again.

"The pillow talk is nice, but I prefer it more at home... and with a chick." Elijah said with a chuckle.

Lifting my head, I looked over at him, "I've already had six cups." I said much more clearly.

"Damn. Why are you so tired?"

I laughed, "I was up all night on IQ Buster."

He looked at me confused for a minute, "Why?"

I gave him a knowing look with a smile as I got up and walked across the room to his mini fridge, and grabbed a bottle of water.

"I hope she was at least pretty..." He said as I sat back down on the couch.

I shrugged, "No idea, but she almost beat me, so I couldn't not talk to her." I said like it was obvious.

He walked over to the couch and sat next to me, "Well, you have an unfair advantage."

"Yeah, I didn't tell her I made the game. I just said that math was a strong point of mine." I said with a laugh.

"I still don't get why you stayed up all night." He said, shaking his head as he turned on the Xbox and handed me a controller.

I shrugged, "I don't know, she seemed sweet."

"Well maybe shooting people will wake you up." He said as he opened the game.

We were in the final stretch before releasing a new game. It was the second game in the Eagle Eye series, Eagle Eye: MIA. The first game is a typical shooter game and trying to take out the other team before your own is killed off. But MIA is a little different. One of the members of your five person team is taken hostage. The remaining four have to try and locate and rescue them before time runs out. There are a few final bugs that need to be fixed before it releases, and that's what Elijah and I are working on.

"Have you played it since trying to fix the ammo and scope bugs?" I asked him as I logged in.

"Nope. I was waiting for you." He said.

"I'll take the sniper rifle, and you can do the AR." I said as I selected everything I wanted.

As we played we made note of everything that still needed adjusted. As we started the second round, I looked at the clock. It was only 4:00pm. I still had an hour to kill. Half way through the second round, I found the hostage, and started to escort them out of the building when I heard my phone ding. When the round ended, I set down the controller, and pulled my phone out of my pocket. Smiling, I saw it was a message from Harper.

H: Are you busy?

M: Nope. Wanna play?

H: Yes! I have some time to kill.

"What's the smile for?" Elijah asked me as he sat back at his desk.

"She asked to play." I said as I got comfortable and the first question popped up.