"I've never seen someone as shameless as Xu Houcai's spouse. Your younger son has stolen his older brother's former wife, but you still intend to starve your elder son to death. I'd like to see what you're thinking about. They're both your sons, but why are you treating Xu Ran so badly?" Wu Mei was worried when he learned that Elder Daddy Xu and Xu Cheng had come to Xu Ran's house to cause trouble and had hurried over. When he arrived, he overheard Xu Ran's words and felt compelled to talk in his place.

Wu Mei's abrupt arrival shocked Xu Cheng and Elder Daddy Xu. They did snatch Xu Ran's previous partner. And the fact that they said they didn't want the other person to have a difficult time with Xu Ran, they knew precisely what they were up to. As a result, they became hesitant now.

As Xu Cheng saw that the people around him were pointing at them and saying negative things about them, he raised his head and said to Wu Mei, "What kind of person do you believe you are? This is a family affair for us. Why are you here to judge us as an outsider?"

"Who am I? Heh," Wu Mei sneered and answered, "Without me, Xu Ran and his family has died long ago. Now you tell me who I am?"

"He deserves it!" Hearing Wu Mei's words, Elder Daddy Xu suddenly said.

As soon as Elder Daddy Xu said that, everyone fell silent.

The residents in the area were taken aback by Elder Daddy Xu's ruthlessness. He truly desired the death of his own son. How could he be that cold-blooded?

After momentary silence, some people began to talk about Elder Daddy Xu.

Elder Daddy Xu had said exactly what he had been thinking in his heart, but he had never considered doing it in front of so many people. He understood he made a mistake as soon as he said it.

It was futile to cry over spilt milk. He'd already said it, and several others had heard it, so he didn't feel bad about it until he heard the villagers' gossip.

"Xu Ran, daddy was just so angry that he said something against his own wish," Xu Cheng stated as soon as he knew the matter was out of his grasp.

Xu Cheng lacked intellect due to his lack of education. By doing so, he was attempting to de-escalate the crisis, but only worsened it.

At this point, Xu Ran didn't want to say anything. It wasn't the best time to say anything, after all. As a consequence, he had a sad expression on his face.

Elder Daddy Xu's words annoyed Wu Mei. He stood up and pointed at Xu Cheng and Elder Daddy Xu with his arms akimbo. "Xu Ran hasn't said anything yet, which has angered you to the point that you want him dead. What if you were angered? Would you prefer for Xu Ran, his spouse, and their children to perish? What a cold-blooded person you are! You are the cruelest being on the world!"

Wu Mei's words irritated Elder Daddy Xu, but he didn't dare to respond. Elder Daddy Xu blew off steam on Xu Ran, who was just standing there quietly "What an ungrateful person you are! You're just standing there, stoic and quiet. Don't you see how an outsider is bullying me?"

Xu Ran answered slowly, completely ignoring what Elder Daddy Xu had said "Didn't you want me to die, Daddy? How do I say something else that could irritate you?"

"You... you..." Elder Daddy Xu was so angry that he couldn't even say a word.

"The village head is here." Someone shouted, and then the crowd made noises again.

The village chief and his wife pushed their way through the crowd to the front of Xu Cheng and Elder Daddy Xu, glaring furiously at them, "Why are you causing so much trouble again, Xu Houcai's spouse? When you broke up the family with Xu Ran at the time, I was right there. You said that Xu Ran will have no further contact with your family. Why have I heard you've returned to stir up trouble for him?"

"How do you assume I'm here to cause trouble for Xu Ran, village head? Xu Ran is my son, and my family doesn't have enough helpers to harvest rice. What's wrong with me asking him to go back and help me? Couldn't I let my son help?" He treated the village chief with disrespect.

"To reap the rice harvest? What a taboo story! Don't go insane. You're well aware of how you treated Xu Ran. You do not give Xu Ran or his family any money or property. Xu An and others even built the house in which he now lives. You shouldn't be that bold as an elder! Don't make a fool of yourself in this situation."

The village head's spouse couldn't stand Elder Daddy Xu's poor manners either. He naturally stepped out to show his support for his husband.

About the same time, someone in the area said, "You should stop what you're doing and preserve your grandsons' good luck!"

"That's right. Don't you even consider your grandchildren?"

Elder Daddy Xu was still a little frightened after seeing what people had to say. If all of the villagers believed this, their families would be scorned in the future. Elder Daddy Xu fought the urge to argue and drove Xu Cheng back, remembering Xu Hui and Xu Qiang.

Xu Cheng, just a coward, didn't dare to say anything but went home with Elder Daddy Xu.

After the two troublemakers left, Xu Ran thanked everyone for their kindness and welcomed the village chief, his spouse, and Wu Mei into his little bamboo house.

When the bamboo house had been built, the village head came here. He couldn't find much about it at the time. Despite the fact that the house was now poorly equipped, it was much better than it had been previously. Xu Ran's and his spouse's lives will both be improved.

After the two kids had finished their lunch, Liu Tong cleaned up the table. He hadn't gone out, but he was checking up on what was going on outside. As a result, when Elder Daddy Xu and Xu Cheng had stopped, he walked right towards Xu Ran.

Seeing Xu Ran was fine in person, Liu Tong finally rest assured.

"You really love Xu Ran!" Wu Mei exclaimed, laughing.

Liu Tong simply smiled when he heard Wu Mei's words. Then he called the village chief and his spouse into the room and provided them with some drinking water.

03.24.21