Chapter 16. Spirit Fox

Henceforth, the duo turned into a trio. Dong Ting was one of Zhou Zishu's destinations regardless, so he had no objections.

There was a type of people who lived their life in such normality, it would only cause headaches for them to be forced to think outside of the box – an example of this would be Cao Weining. Additionally, there was another type who couldn't help but look deeper into everything and anything, confusing themselves with many possibilities before they could even realize it – an example of this would be Zhou Zishu.

Zhou Zishu and Wen Kexing went back to their usual routine of trading quips and insults back and forth with unending enthusiasm, trying to probe the other incessantly.

Cao Weining, after listening to them confusedly, gave the final conclusion: "You two have such an admirable camaderie."

Zhou Zishu shut up, glancing at Cao Weining in complete silence. He knew the Patriarch of Qing Feng Sword Sect was an old sly fox, how on earth did that man manage to raise an innocent rabbit like this one?

Wen Kexing unabashedly took advantage of that to wrap his arms around Zhou Zishu's shoulders, smiling at Cao Weining, "Thank you, Young Master Cao. In fact, I have made up my mind that in this lifetime I will marry no one else but Brother Zhou."

Cao Weining's mouth was as wide open as his eyes.

Zhou Zishu shot back, being used to it already, "I'm afraid I have to let Brother Wen down. With my incurable illness, I won't live on for much longer; what good will it do to bind yourself to this slowly dying soul?"

Wen Kexing replied seriously, "If you're gone, I will remain solitary 'till the end of my life."

Zhou Zishu's words carried daggers. "For a great mind to suffer loneliness is often destiny, who am I to tamper with it?"

Wen Kexing was undaunted, "Come on, don't be too humble Ah-Xu, that's way too polite of you."

Zhou Zishu quickly waved his hands, "Not at all, why would I be."

Cao Weining's gaze went back and forth between the two of them. When he came back to his senses, he blurted out a question. "...Is it Brother Zhou's illness that is obstructing your feelings for each other?"

After a short moment of silence, Wen Kexing burst out laughing, feeling very fond of Cao Weining.

Zhou Zishu coughed after a good while, removing Wen Kexing's arms that were around his neck and replying with a solemn face. "Brother Cao need not think too much into it, the closest that I and Brother Wen can become is an estranged pair."

Cao Weining frowned, thinking the other was trying to delude himself. "A person like Brother Zhou should not suffer like this," he said in sorrow.

Zhou Zishu smiled back bitterly, "Thank you Brother Cao, but I don't feel the slightest..."

"My master is acquainted with some peculiar figures in jianghu, fortunately a few of them are from Shaman Medicine Valley. It'd be wonderful if Brother Zhou can come with me back home after dealing with matters concerning the unorthodox sects, my master definitely possesses means that can help you."

Zhou Zishu was "moved to tears", so he kept his mouth shut.

Unexpectedly, Cao Weining was a true man of action, so he immediately made a fist-palm salute, "Wait for me at the inn, I will go send a message to my Uncle."